Author Topic: deer down  (Read 8224 times)

Offline HUNT FISH COOK

• 6 Pointer
deer down
« on: Dec 07, 2008, 05:29:12 PM »
well im only 13 ive been hunting for 9 yeaars.. so this year i put up my own 2 stands  so my friend up the street  said hunt my land so i put a stand up in a bedding spot for the gun seasons  that i would use the bow . then i have a stand further up the  street i used the bow in it and i can  use the gun in. so i gou up around 5 yesterday showered and all that good stuff. so i grabed the bow went to my stand wheil it was still dark. started to get light hit the rattle bag the grunt and the can  a couple of times i heard him comming so turned my head and just moved mmy eyes he pops out he comming from the feald  i getmy bow hit the grunt to get him to come in he proseaded my way he had his head behind a tree i drew back he was a ways away but whatever i said onec he comes from behind the tree hes done but i said to far so i was like once he gets to that hole hes dead so he got thair i was to far he walked another 10 yards so  he got there i stoped him then the fread bear lights out seals the deal whent 25 yards he fell i got my phone and made my calls called my dad he was at work so he said ill call you back so i got out  of the stand hent to the deer still alive he trys to get up i hit him again  i sealed  the deal  so dad called back i said heys  done i said hes on  krowsokies land he said drag him on tims land so i said uncle carl is hunting in leiester hunting so i called my friend jon heys the one to get me into hunting so i called him his nepphew answered i said is jon up he said ya y i said i got a deer on the ground he said no i said yes let me talk to jon so i talked to him i said i got a deer i said it was a 5 pointer and i kno its dead ivve draged it already. so dad came and taged it then jon came and we guted it  i had fun draging it i just ran with it it was done with in 5 mins so get to the drive way tims wife came out  she was happy for me . so we went home spryed it down and washed it with vinger to kill the baccteria.. so ya im butchering it tomarrow and makeing hamburg thursday   
kill it be for u grill it

Offline HUNT FISH COOK

• 6 Pointer
Re: deer down
« Reply #1 on: Dec 07, 2008, 06:13:14 PM »

thats one of the pics i took on my phone

Offline Issiah

• 12 Pointer
    • Hunting, Fishing and Trapping New York
« Reply #2 on: Dec 07, 2008, 06:19:38 PM »
Great Job!  Looks like a nice Oak Stand where you took Picture...

Offline HUNT FISH COOK

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Dec 07, 2008, 06:23:15 PM »
Great Job!  Looks like a nice Oak Stand where you took Picture...

all oaks ...white oaks and mt. laural

Offline ALASKANSS

• 6 Pointer
  • HUNTIN'MOONSHINE ISLAND
« Reply #4 on: Dec 10, 2008, 09:09:55 AM »
well im only 13 ive been hunting for 9 yeaars.. so this year i put up my own 2 stands  so my friend up the street  said hunt my land so i put a stand up in a bedding spot for the gun seasons  that i would use the bow . then i have a stand further up the  street i used the bow in it and i can  use the gun in. so i gou up around 5 yesterday showered and all that good stuff. so i grabed the bow went to my stand wheil it was still dark. started to get light hit the rattle bag the grunt and the can  a couple of times i heard him comming so turned my head and just moved mmy eyes he pops out he comming from the feald  i getmy bow hit the grunt to get him to come in he proseaded my way he had his head behind a tree i drew back he was a ways away but whatever i said onec he comes from behind the tree hes done but i said to far so i was like once he gets to that hole hes dead so he got thair i was to far he walked another 10 yards so  he got there i stoped him then the fread bear lights out seals the deal whent 25 yards he fell i got my phone and made my calls called my dad he was at work so he said ill call you back so i got out  of the stand hent to the deer still alive he trys to get up i hit him again  i sealed  the deal  so dad called back i said heys  done i said hes on  krowsokies land he said drag him on tims land so i said uncle carl is hunting in leiester hunting so i called my friend jon heys the one to get me into hunting so i called him his nepphew answered i said is jon up he said ya y i said i got a deer on the ground he said no i said yes let me talk to jon so i talked to him i said i got a deer i said it was a 5 pointer and i kno its dead ivve draged it already. so dad came and taged it then jon came and we guted it  i had fun draging it i just ran with it it was done with in 5 mins so get to the drive way tims wife came out  she was happy for me . so we went home spryed it down and washed it with vinger to kill the baccteria.. so ya im butchering it tomarrow and makeing hamburg thursday   

what did you hunt for at age 4

Offline HUNT FISH COOK

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: Dec 10, 2008, 01:54:54 PM »
what did you hunt for at age 4

well i mean 8 but i turn 14 tuseday so i counted it

Offline deerman

• 6 Pointer
  • ya get what ya need
« Reply #6 on: Jan 01, 2009, 05:11:20 PM »
thats cool man, i just truned fifteen 2 days ago and this bow season i missed a little seven point basket rack, pretty much exactly the same way, i drew on him and he had his head behind a tree, i missed him at forty yards cuz my arrow hit a little twig, i was so close that i had a little bit of har on my broadhead. good for you man...i just nee dmore practice :) :) :) :) :) 8)
Every man dies, but not every man lives.

Offline DOORGUY

• Spiked
« Reply #7 on: Jan 07, 2009, 06:39:07 AM »
If I remember right it was more like 14 yards lol.

Offline deerman

• 6 Pointer
  • ya get what ya need
« Reply #8 on: Jan 07, 2009, 10:16:14 PM »
If I remember right it was more like 14 yards lol.

more like ten
Every man dies, but not every man lives.

Offline HUNT FISH COOK

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #9 on: Jan 12, 2009, 02:03:04 PM »
ya i turned 14 the week after but i missed 3 be for geting one

Offline Rebelfisher

• 6 Pointer
  • Kill Many Things!!
« Reply #10 on: Mar 10, 2009, 07:19:31 PM »
its really good to see youngsters getting involved more with the outdoors! great story and good job!
If its BROWN...Its DOWN!!!      If it FLYS...It DIES!!!

Offline HUNT FISH COOK

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #11 on: Mar 12, 2009, 06:44:15 PM »
its really good to see youngsters getting involved more with the outdoors! great story and good job!
thanks

Offline camocrazy82

• Forked
« Reply #12 on: Oct 06, 2009, 08:43:52 PM »
Congrats on your deer young man! You worked for it and it paid off! Nice work!

Offline nielsen326

• Spiked
  • whack em' n stack em'
« Reply #13 on: Oct 07, 2009, 11:26:31 AM »
hey ur doin better than me im still yet to shoot and RECOVER a buck with my bow..... but good job ;D

Offline BigBuckTaker16

• 6 Pointer
  • It must be the "hat"
« Reply #14 on: Nov 24, 2009, 09:26:58 PM »
Congrats man! I shot my first buck at 12..it was a 5 pointer as well. I couldn't tell you how happy my old man was to see it..I can still remember the look on his face.  As far as hunting when your young, I was shooting small game at 2 years old with my father. I was walking at 9 months and my dad used to bring me hunting and such. I have pictures of me at 2 with chipmunks and bluejays lol..
Iceshanty= AirManCam

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal