Author Topic: Chinese Restaurant Shut Down For Road Killed Deer  (Read 5578 times)

FrankM

Chinese Restaurant Shut Down For Road Killed Deer
« on: Oct 28, 2008, 09:28:20 AM »
This isn't really a hunting story but its pretty funny anyway.  They just shut down our local Chinese restaurant for butchering a road killed deer in their kitchen.  We have been ordering takeout from that place for years.  We always joked that there were no stray dogs, cats, rats or seagulls within a mile radius of the place.  It just goes to show that you can't tell what you are eating if there is enough hot sauce on it.  Here is a link to the story: http://www.wivb.com/Global/story.asp?s=9237237

Offline wile.e.1

• Forked
Re: Chinese Restaurant Shut Down For Road Killed Deer
« Reply #1 on: Oct 28, 2008, 02:10:01 PM »
Frank, I believe that was the number 9 special....sweet and sour roadkill ;). I laughed when I saw it on the news. Then realized...Oh man...I ate there a few times. Like you said, put enough sauce on it and you cant tell what it is / was. Good luck out there in Boston, I'm not too far from ya...(sturgeon pt. rd.)
remember those who served..ALL gave some, some gave ALL

Offline ship of fools

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Oct 28, 2008, 02:38:23 PM »
That is hysterical....after all of the years of jokes about dogs, cats etc. to have a place get caught serving roadkill is really a classic. Makes you wonder what you've really eaten over the years....

Offline vivlamored

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Oct 28, 2008, 03:49:12 PM »
as long as i don't know that its cats and dogs and it taste good I'm eating it anyway that sauce they use will make anything taste good

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Oct 28, 2008, 04:57:07 PM »
Heh, I used to help break down deer in a restaurant in Dutchess County when I was in high school.  I would skin them, and the owner would come down and cut / package meat in between getting out entrees.

I have heard rumors that one of the hick bars here in Monroe County used to do the same thing right on the bar itself.
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Offline vivlamored

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: Oct 28, 2008, 05:00:38 PM »
 been in the meat cutting business for a lot of years i know for a fact that you can't do it where you prepair food to be sold unless you stop operation totally until you are done with deer for the year

Offline walleyeguy

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #6 on: Oct 28, 2008, 07:16:05 PM »
i read the article in the paper it didnt say it was roadkilled said they didnt know if it was killed legally (hunted) or road kill

Offline pooley

• 6 Pointer
  • don't shoot the 2 legged dear!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal