Author Topic: pictures anyone  (Read 9175 times)

Offline wyo969

• Spiked
Re: pictures anyone
« Reply #15 on: Nov 18, 2013, 08:49:41 AM »
I had a snare come up missing last week on private land. no catch circle or sign of any animals so that really only leaves one other option. I moved some to some public ground yesterday so heres to hoping they don't come up missing. Then again crimping everything to earth anchors usually solves that.

Offline nyduckman

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #16 on: Nov 19, 2013, 11:30:24 AM »
so mad at my self I had my first pull out today... went and checked my set and when I made it I over looked a small 1/4in tree sapling that was maybe 10inches tall and of course my trap was all wrapped around it with no animal...dumb dumb dumb I keep a pair of clippers with me just for little thing like this but it never even crossed my mind this time 

Offline wyo969

• Spiked
« Reply #17 on: Nov 19, 2013, 12:46:51 PM »
I feel your pain I had what I'm pretty sure was a coon pull out of a blind set I had for fox. set had a short chain so the trap cant wrap around the tree that is natural blocking on the trail. But it was just long enough to where you can see where it shredded the tree climbing it while pulling.

Offline hickgtx600f4

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #18 on: Nov 23, 2013, 09:44:40 AM »
ok, i pulled the set that i caught the first coon in. he tore it up pretty bad and figured i would make a new set later in the same area. after seeing the trailcam footage of yote's and a fox skirting the set i know they were in the area. so i put a new dirthole set on the side of a mound in the hemlocks. i put a #2 and used a some powder ridge bait in the bottom of the dirt hole. i also added a cotton ball down the hole so it would have some eye appeal. second night there it connected. trying for a $20 yote and ended up with a high$$ fisher, Ill take that any day.  ;D

Offline nyduckman

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #19 on: Nov 23, 2013, 10:05:42 AM »
freaking sweet dude...im not gonna lie im jealous

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #20 on: Nov 23, 2013, 10:55:12 AM »
Awesome Fisher Hick ; Female yes  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal