Author Topic: New rules offically put in place for this season  (Read 15566 times)

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
Re: New rules offically put in place for this season
« Reply #60 on: Aug 03, 2012, 07:54:04 PM »
... not to mention fall turkey is mixed in that same timeframe. 
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Offline Spikehorn11

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #61 on: Aug 04, 2012, 08:45:17 PM »
I think its a good to get kids out but it doesn't affect me either way.

I had some older guys complaining about us "bowhunters" having to much time in the woods and taking away the youth season.

I told them I'd like to see a youth season the weekend before the gun season for deer. They blew a gasket and said its hard enough to get a deer and they don't want someone else shooting and scaring deer before they had a chance.

I think its a topic that we (hunters) will never agree on. Just like antler restrictions.

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #62 on: Aug 05, 2012, 12:46:00 AM »
I'm looking forward to bowhunting later into December instead of having to pull out my muzzleloader. 8)

Why can't you bow hunt during ML? I know it's a whole different hunt up there, but you should be able to use the bow during any season.

Offline gotabig1

• Forked
« Reply #63 on: Aug 05, 2012, 03:45:22 AM »
I'm hoping the antler rest. will force hunters to get a better look at the buck and then allow for a more accurate shot. Sometimes young hunters fire a quick shot as soon as they get a glimpse of an antler, which can lead to an inaccurate shot and a wounded, unrecovered deer.

Offline Inwellb4light

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #64 on: Aug 05, 2012, 06:32:56 AM »
I'm hoping the antler rest. will force hunters to get a better look at the buck and then allow for a more accurate shot. Sometimes young hunters fire a quick shot as soon as they get a glimpse of an antler, which can lead to an inaccurate shot and a wounded, unrecovered deer.

Agree ^^^

but its not just young hunters.... unfortunately thats a lot of hunters
"You can learn more about hunting deer with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life"  - Fred Bear

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal