Author Topic: SITTING TILL DARK  (Read 2273 times)

Offline 30-30

• 30 Point Buck
  • Hunt America
SITTING TILL DARK
« on: Oct 08, 2011, 01:09:09 PM »

Today will be the 1st day that I'll have a chance to be out in a stand in the afternoon & I plan to sit till dark. I plan on taking 2 weapons w/me, my 30-06 in case I see a bear & 22 for the coyote. :D I'll be leaving in a a few.

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
Re: SITTING TILL DARK
« Reply #1 on: Oct 08, 2011, 01:31:11 PM »
I wish you lots of luck 30-30...   Go get em..
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline eyehi

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Oct 08, 2011, 03:22:44 PM »
       Today will be the 1st day that I'll have a chance to be out in a stand in the afternoon & I plan to sit till dark. I plan on taking 2 weapons w/me, my 30-06 in case I see a bear & 22 for the coyote. :D I'll be leaving in a a few.

just curious why u dont use the 30-06 for the yotes? do u save the pelts?

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #3 on: Oct 08, 2011, 03:51:32 PM »
I shot one with my '06, no good for saving pelts unless you want to make a vest  ;D. Good luck.

Offline bucksnort

• 8 Pointer
  • mealworm on the shanty
« Reply #4 on: Oct 08, 2011, 04:34:24 PM »

he gives the dogs to my neighbor who i call trapper jim.jim is on full disability and cant do to much so we give him any fur we can for him to sell for extra coin.just tryin to help the guy out, its gotta be tough to live on 750$ a month
oh yeah buzzy...he's a racker

TED NUGENT FOR PRESIDENT

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
« Reply #5 on: Oct 08, 2011, 05:40:48 PM »
wow I bet! I need at least that a week and that wou;d be scraping :-\
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline 30-30

• 30 Point Buck
  • Hunt America
« Reply #6 on: Oct 08, 2011, 06:17:52 PM »

I just got back & I saw nothing, well @ least to shoot @. 1st of all, it's too hot then while I was there about 6:30 I heard someone pounding on something so I left as I was going out there was a truck parked on a sidder rd. There was someone trying to take down an tree stand that has been in a tree for 4yrs, & the tree grew arond a chain holding up the stand. I think I'll wait till the weather cools down a little. Tomarrow supposed to even warmer than today.

Offline eyehi

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #7 on: Oct 08, 2011, 08:03:34 PM »
he gives the dogs to my neighbor who i call trapper jim.jim is on full disability and cant do to much so we give him any fur we can for him to sell for extra coin.just tryin to help the guy out, its gotta be tough to live on 750$ a month
thats nice of u guys to help him out............ its to bad fur prices r so low. :( :(

Offline bucksnort

• 8 Pointer
  • mealworm on the shanty
« Reply #8 on: Oct 09, 2011, 08:47:02 AM »
thats nice of u guys to help him out............ its to bad fur prices r so low. :( :(
i help the guy out all i can i feel bad for the guy. he got hit by a drunk driver hit and run the guy had no insurance on his vehicle so there was no body to sue so hes stuck.he does get to trap a little bit but its tuough for him to get around and he deff cant shoot a gun or bow in his condition.he uses the furs he does get to help pay his taxes
oh yeah buzzy...he's a racker

TED NUGENT FOR PRESIDENT

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal