Author Topic: Pheasant Hunting area  (Read 4846 times)

Offline Bobman

• 6 Pointer
  • Shoot him now, shoot him now!!!
Pheasant Hunting area
« on: Nov 02, 2005, 09:33:16 PM »
Here are some pics of where I've been hunting pheasants this year.  I've been flushing birds but not too many shots.

Their comin' right for us!

Offline need2hunt

• 6 Pointer
Re: Pheasant Hunting area
« Reply #1 on: Nov 03, 2005, 10:47:29 AM »
Nice pics of some beautiful country.
If it can't get done outdoors, it isn't going to get done!

Offline MoosemanKris

• 6 Pointer
  • Tight Lines ans Straight Shooting
    • Silvertip Archers
« Reply #2 on: Nov 03, 2005, 10:58:52 AM »
Wow thats some smokin pheasant country. Hope you got a dog in case they land in the creek!
Bagged to date:
9 grouse
6 squirrels
1 MIA Rabbitt

Offline Bobman

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Nov 03, 2005, 11:34:00 AM »
Wow thats some smokin pheasant country. Hope you got a dog in case they land in the creek!

No dog and hunting by myself  :-\.  That's why I'm getting a lot of flushes but not many shots.  Luckily the creek isn't that wide or deep because I cross it several times per hunt.

Offline SDpheasant

• Forked
« Reply #4 on: Nov 03, 2005, 11:22:22 PM »
hey is ur problem all that u can flush are hens? the cornfield right next door can be a good thing but it is also a safe place for the pheasants.especially hunting by urself without a dog roosters will tend to run into the cornfield more often than hens. J/W what state is that? Hopefully the hunting should get better once that corn is picked! ;D

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: Nov 04, 2005, 05:38:14 AM »
Bobman, sounds like your problem is that you need company.

I think I've got a box of 7½s kicking around somewhere......  ;D
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Offline Bobman

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #6 on: Nov 04, 2005, 09:03:26 AM »
hey is ur problem all that u can flush are hens? the cornfield right next door can be a good thing but it is also a safe place for the pheasants.especially hunting by urself without a dog roosters will tend to run into the cornfield more often than hens. J/W what state is that? Hopefully the hunting should get better once that corn is picked! ;D

No, I've been flushing roosters along that creek and actually in this location you can shoot cocks or hens (though I still don't shoot hens).  So far the birds haven't been in that cornfield much, they've been holding tight to the creek and the brush along there is very thick so my opportunities for shots have been fleeting at best.  These are stocked birds in NY and I think that cornfield may be left standing all winter for feed for deer, turkey, etc.

You're right Chucker, having some company (two or four legged) would certainly help!

Offline archbishop

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #7 on: Nov 05, 2005, 04:04:45 PM »
hey bob is that down here by me? pics look familiar.
you should head up the road to harwood, still alot of birds, also big bone run is still going strong.

Offline d_balm24

• Forked
« Reply #8 on: Nov 08, 2005, 08:42:54 AM »
hey bob is that down here by me? pics look familiar.
you should head up the road to harwood, still alot of birds, also big bone run is still going strong.
I go by Harwood everyday during the week.You should give it a try. I bet you will get some birds. ;)

Offline Bobman

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #9 on: Nov 08, 2005, 09:54:35 AM »
I go by Harwood everyday during the week.You should give it a try. I bet you will get some birds. ;)

Maybe I'll give it a try this weekend.  J those pics are from the property I hunt not too far from Bill.

Offline archbishop

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #10 on: Nov 08, 2005, 06:36:35 PM »
yeah i new those that hills looked familiar, i stare at them everyday, wishing i was in them as i drive by to work :'(
weather is starting to change over to cold so im gonna give up birds for a bit and get my deer then head back into the fields.

Offline d_balm24

• Forked
« Reply #11 on: Nov 09, 2005, 08:32:32 AM »
yeah i new those that hills looked familiar, i stare at them everyday, wishing i was in them as i drive by to work :'(
weather is starting to change over to cold so im gonna give up birds for a bit and get my deer then head back into the fields.
Yeah it is bucks over birds for me too.Maybe after I get a good buck I can chase some birds.

Offline Bobman

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #12 on: Nov 09, 2005, 11:22:31 AM »
Well I don't bow hunt and I've already fixed my stand for regular deer season so I'm trying to avoid that area as much as possible until then.  That leaves me with birds and steelies, and with the conditions on most of the Erie tribs so far (I don't fish Ontario) that leaves birds. 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal