Author Topic: Fawn Sightings ???  (Read 1526 times)

Offline myemmy

• 8 Pointer
Fawn Sightings ???
« on: Dec 10, 2010, 02:14:17 PM »
Have you seen any or many fawns with does this season , North and South ?????

Offline weavs150

• Forked
Re: Fawn Sightings ???
« Reply #1 on: Dec 10, 2010, 02:59:32 PM »
i seen a bunch during archery still had spots.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #2 on: Dec 10, 2010, 02:59:50 PM »
We had a doe with two fawns around all season. Only saw her twice. There were some tracks in the snow of one other doe with one fawn. That one the fawns tracks were the size of my thumb.
« Last Edit: Dec 10, 2010, 03:49:02 PM by upstatehunter »

Offline weavs150

• Forked
« Reply #3 on: Dec 10, 2010, 03:04:49 PM »
alot of those in the cut corn fields around here now. those are the ones you get pissed about when you them hanging in someones yard

Offline nyduckman

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Dec 10, 2010, 03:35:12 PM »
i have seen a bunch of lil ones this year..weavs150 i truly believe that shooting doe fawns is the best thing one can do when trying to build a mature deer population due to the fact doe fawns do nothing but eat food all winter and most dont produce fawns the next spring..so harvesting doe fawns prevents starvation of mature doe who will birth 2 or more fawns the following spring..just my opinion and what i plan to do with my 440 acres that i hunt

Offline bucksnort

• 8 Pointer
  • mealworm on the shanty
« Reply #5 on: Dec 10, 2010, 07:30:03 PM »
i'v seen 3 or for differnt groups of doe with fawns. i'v also seen a bunch of young doe, 11/2 year olds 
oh yeah buzzy...he's a racker

TED NUGENT FOR PRESIDENT

Offline weavs150

• Forked
« Reply #6 on: Dec 10, 2010, 07:34:08 PM »
i cant argue with that they eat alot to mature and gain fat to survive the winter but there isnt much meat on them to fill the freezer. im just not proud walking out of the woods with a deer i can drag with one hand. and the area i live in has enough crop farms that we shouldnt have to worry much about starvation

Offline nyduckman

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #7 on: Dec 11, 2010, 10:20:20 AM »
im not trying to be an ass to you so please dont take it that way..we get 10 dmap tags a year and only 5 people hunt this farm and only get 5 or less dmp tags a year..so long story short we want to keep building a better deer pop and this was the way we thought would be best for us..and we dont hunt for the meat, yes it is a big bonus to it but id reather hunt 4 the fun of it

halfrack33

« Reply #8 on: Dec 11, 2010, 12:03:46 PM »
Tons by me. Saw a couple doe with twins, one with triplets I think unless she was fostering. I think one had twin button bucks. They'll be all pushed out though, 2 new big developments are finally going up

FrankM

« Reply #9 on: Dec 13, 2010, 08:43:21 AM »
Didn't see many does or fawns in archery or early gun but I saw 2 fawns in the flock of does I saw Saturday morning.  At first I saw only one doe in the pines so I shot then all of a sudden there were deer running every which way. I couldn't tell if I hit the deer I shot at with all the different deer running back and forth.  Fortunately the one I shot nose dived instantly and was laying dead in the snow right where I shot her.  Remington core-lokt bullets are a wonderful thing.

Offline iceplank

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #10 on: Dec 13, 2010, 01:25:21 PM »
i have seen at least 10 fawns with does this year. i am sure that at least 10 were not the same ones repeatedly because they were from stands pretty far apart. I waited all year to kill this giant, i mean giant P and Y buck in t he bow only area. I do like venison though but didnt want to wack one of the very big does with fawns. or younger bucks. i passed on several of those  big does for that reason and a couple big does that were in heat awhile back. Friday I let 6 antlerless deer pass because the does all had fawns with them. finally right before dark 2 does,young,without fawns came by and i wacked one. then the freaking P and Y showed up for the second time all year, in the dark ,and freaked when he saw the recently expired doe. Bad karma for me..... :o

Offline ramrod

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #11 on: Dec 15, 2010, 10:15:47 AM »
im not trying to be an ass to you so please dont take it that way..we get 10 dmap tags a year and only 5 people hunt this farm and only get 5 or less dmp tags a year..so long story short we want to keep building a better deer pop and this was the way we thought would be best for us..and we dont hunt for the meat, yes it is a big bonus to it but id reather hunt 4 the fun of it

so go have the time of your life shooting all the fawns off your property and since you dont hunt for meat you can pm me and ill come pick up all the tender little critters i can cram into my truck!! hell ill bring the trailer if i have to.  :D :D
If vegetarians love animals so much, why do they eat all their food?   

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal