Author Topic: the end is near  (Read 1367 times)

Offline 30-30

• 30 Point Buck
  • Hunt America
the end is near
« on: Dec 14, 2010, 08:18:01 AM »

My hunting season ended Sun. I muzzle loaded until the end of nortern zone. I'm not familiar w/any place in the southern zone, maybe I'll have to to find an area next yr to try to extend my season.   
                It is on to ice fishing for me.  What about the rest of you?

Offline iceplank

• 6 Pointer
Re: the end is near
« Reply #1 on: Dec 14, 2010, 09:25:43 AM »
Continuing to bow hunt till the 21st.saw 3 bucks Friday .killed a doe also..hoping to get a wack at agood bcuk.very cold days in stand.then its on to christmas shopping and hopefully some perch jigging after that.also goint to scout rublines in new areas and mark on gps for next yr.

Offline mschott

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Dec 14, 2010, 08:39:33 PM »
As for my NY season its tag soup saw a few buck one real nice one that slipped between the mt. laurels while i was pouring coffee never gave me a chance 2 spikes and a 3 point one i wasn't sure about had big forks on top but i couldnt tell if he had brows or not -I hunt in 3k 3 points on a side. Pa had the same results lots of small ones nothing legal - hunted hard the 2nd week but it didn't work out  , My son missed a spike and a doe the second friday . All in all it was a good season though -- Just got done giving the old flintlock a once over that season starts the mon. after Christmas  ;D cant wait.
Bad decisions make for good stories !

Offline ship of fools

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Dec 15, 2010, 04:53:06 AM »
I am just about done too ......   been my best season ever with a buck with the bow then a nice 8 point with the gun (my biggest ever)   8)

I still have a doe tag but it's tough to force myself out with 0 degree wind chills when my freezer is full .....   if we get a decent stretch of weather i'll try to fill my doe tag...  otherwise i'm off to the shanty   ;D

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #4 on: Dec 15, 2010, 06:42:15 AM »
I've been chopping veggies and slow cooking my tags again this year.  ;D
Going to do a little more work in 2011, to try to have a better season.
Congrats to all that were successful this fall and hope your ice season is just as good. I'll be out a few times to try and put at least some fish in the freezer.  :P

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: Dec 15, 2010, 07:16:05 AM »
Glad everyone got out at least a little, even if you didn't get anything.  My season consisted of a whopping 3 hours on Thanksgiving morning with no deer seen.  Was hoping to get out for ML on Sunday, but that plan just got shot to hell too.   :'(
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Offline dan_lais

• 6 Pointer
  • can't wait for May 1st!!!
« Reply #6 on: Dec 15, 2010, 04:15:44 PM »
im waiting for ice as we speak.i know some places are getting there.i think my buddies and i are doin a lil small gaming just to top the freezer off!!

Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance!!!!!!!!

Offline turf

• Spiked
  • The outdoors cant be imitated by a video game!
« Reply #7 on: Dec 15, 2010, 05:31:09 PM »
I didnt get out for deer much this year, recovering from back surgery limited me to 2 days at the end of the gun season. Late duck season in the western zone will keep my busy into January though and I cant wait!!!
Member NRA, Ducks Unlimited   

Offline bucksnort

• 8 Pointer
  • mealworm on the shanty
« Reply #8 on: Dec 15, 2010, 06:22:30 PM »
though i didn't kill as many deer this year as last year i did have a great season.i saw deer just about every time out last year i saw 3 deer all season.i could hunt SZ some more but i'm ready to get on the ice.congrats to every one that got deer and to those who didn't get any deer i'm sure you'll get em next year
oh yeah buzzy...he's a racker

TED NUGENT FOR PRESIDENT

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal