Author Topic: verona sportsmans diner  (Read 1952 times)

Offline littlemissdoeeyes

• Nubbie
verona sportsmans diner
« on: Apr 04, 2005, 02:15:16 PM »
USA - A deer diagnosed with chronic wasting disease was recently served at the annual sportsman's feast in Verona.The deer was donated to the Verona Fire Department for the dinner which was held on March 13th. About 350 people were served at the buffet meal.

Oneida County's Health Department says there's no evidence that chronic wasting disease is linked to any illness in people. Nevertheless, the county health department does ask that anyone who attended the event in March and may have eaten the venison to contact them. The phone number is 315-798-5064.

CWD is a brain infection of deer and elk that leads to loss of body functions, poor body condition and abnormal behavior such as staggering or very poor posture. It eventually leads to the death of the animal. CWD appears to be caused by abnormal, infectious proteins called prions. There is currently no evidence suggesting CWD causes disease in people; however, researchers are still studying this topic. Cooking does not destroy CWD

this sounds just like mad cow deseas to me.I thought you guys might want to know
« Last Edit: Apr 04, 2005, 02:21:30 PM by littlemissdoeeyes »

Offline archbishop

• 8 Pointer
Re: verona sportsmans diner
« Reply #1 on: Apr 14, 2005, 10:04:53 AM »
io just read the dec info on cwd its pretty vauge they say its not infectious to humans and wont make you sick but dont eat an animal suspected of itthey say its in the same family as mad cow disease but not harmful to anything other than deer and elk they take all these procautions but say dont worry sounds to me like we should worry but not panic heres the link for anyone interested
http://www.dec.state.ny.us/website/dfwmr/wildlife/deer/cwdqa.html

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal