Author Topic: duck and goose hunting  (Read 7214 times)

Offline wackyduck

• Nubbie
duck and goose hunting
« on: Mar 29, 2005, 09:41:11 PM »
hi, i am looking for some new spots to try this year,does any one recommend any thing,i live on black lake and have some camps for rent or trade for hunting...........

Offline archbishop

• 8 Pointer
Re: duck and goose hunting
« Reply #1 on: Mar 30, 2005, 07:38:50 PM »
i wanna get into goose and duck but only know a couple guys who do it and not regularly wish i could help you with a spot for trade helping me with knowledge sorry

Offline Bobman

• 6 Pointer
  • Shoot him now, shoot him now!!!
« Reply #2 on: Apr 06, 2005, 09:16:16 AM »
I usually duck hunt Iroquois Wildlife Refuge, Oak Orchard and Tonawanda Creek management areas.  These are all closer to Buffalo so I guess it would be quite a hike from black lake area.  I also have a couple of small streams that I sometimes jump shoot woodies and mallards from but those are really hit or miss. 

Jason, I was thinking of trying Allen and Harwood Lakes last year for ducks and geese but never got to it.  They might be worth a shot.
Their comin' right for us!

Offline archbishop

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Apr 06, 2005, 09:37:19 AM »
i was watching a show on empire and they were hunting goose and duck on ishua somewhere between olean and hinsdale too ive never been to allen but harwood looks like a good spot

Offline wackyduck

• Nubbie
« Reply #4 on: Apr 06, 2005, 08:45:52 PM »
i was watching a show on empire and they were hunting goose and duck on ishua somewhere between olean and hinsdale too ive never been to allen but harwood looks like a good spot
hi, just wondering how the hunting is down your way.........

Offline archbishop

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: Apr 06, 2005, 09:28:33 PM »
great we are the bridesmaid county always #2 in deer take and #2 in turkey take

Offline wackyduck

• Nubbie
« Reply #6 on: Apr 07, 2005, 04:30:53 PM »
i am looking for duck and goose spots.................

Offline archbishop

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #7 on: Apr 07, 2005, 04:35:45 PM »
im not sure around here im just trying to get into it but if you ask bobman he may know artound this county but i will share info if i get some i know they hunt on the empire channel some spots along ishua creek or ask some farmers for pewrmission theres no shortage of geese around here pretty good ducks too but man geese everywhere

Offline wackyduck

• Nubbie
« Reply #8 on: Apr 07, 2005, 04:40:30 PM »
im not sure around here im just trying to get into it but if you ask bobman he may know artound this county but i will share info if i get some i know they hunt on the empire channel some spots along ishua creek or ask some farmers for pewrmission theres no shortage of geese around here pretty good ducks too but man geese everywhere
ok,thanks ,do you fish much i live here on black lake and got camps?

Offline archbishop

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #9 on: Apr 07, 2005, 04:46:28 PM »
i fish as much as possible but im still learning alot wheres black lake?

Offline devil-man

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #10 on: Apr 07, 2005, 06:10:51 PM »

Jebus, Arch. You've never heard of Black Lake?
It's one of NY's finest!
It's easier to escape from a chain gang than a food chain...

Offline archbishop

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #11 on: Apr 07, 2005, 08:49:42 PM »
ive heard of it but have no clue as to where it is is it close to us? or is it upstate further?

Offline wackyduck

• Nubbie
« Reply #12 on: Apr 07, 2005, 09:26:18 PM »
email me with your name and address and i can mail you a brochure or anyone that wants info   [email protected]    i really would like to trade a duck or goose hunt with someone toofor a camp............

Offline wackyduck

• Nubbie
« Reply #13 on: Apr 07, 2005, 09:27:18 PM »

Jebus, Arch. You've never heard of Black Lake?
It's one of NY's finest!
hey devilman are you coming up and try it sometime ,where do you usually stay at ?

Offline Bobman

• 6 Pointer
  • Shoot him now, shoot him now!!!
« Reply #14 on: Apr 08, 2005, 10:14:28 AM »
i am looking for duck and goose spots.................

Like I said before I mostly hunt public land.  The hunting isn't too bad but because the waterfowl hunting areas are rather limited west of the Finger Lakes, the public land tends to get crowded.  You also have to win the lottery draw to hunt the opening day and first weekend of the season.  If you are looking for big water action, they do very well on the upper Niagara River (around Grand Island) for mostly divers during the second half of the season.  You definately have to have a boat to hunt there because the currents can be very strong.  The other place you would probably want to check into is the Finger Lakes region.  I've never hunted there but most of the lakes are open to waterfowling and the get a lot more flight birds than we get in the western most part of the state.  Unfortunately around the Buffalo (WNY) area we are between the Atlantic and Mississippi flyways so we don't get large amounts of flight birds.  We are mostly hunting residents all season.
Their comin' right for us!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal