Author Topic: Muzzleloaders halfway through Bow  (Read 4022 times)

Offline AhYah

• Nubbie
Muzzleloaders halfway through Bow
« on: Mar 23, 2005, 08:28:09 AM »
How do you all feel about the idea of have a week of muzzleloading during the bow season?  I personally would like it to stay the way it has because I enjoy bowhunting, however, I don't know if it will have a negative impact on the big bucks (go nocturnal).

Offline show me the money

• Nubbie
Re: Muzzleloaders halfway through Bow
« Reply #1 on: Mar 23, 2005, 03:19:08 PM »
i think it sucks .

Offline archbishop

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Mar 30, 2005, 07:19:52 PM »
i never notice many people with muzzleloaders but who knows it will probably screw everything up with longrange shooting and warm weather may turn into a slaughter but the deer arent too active that early so who knows ill put in my vote this november after it all pans out

Offline scboats81

• Nubbie
« Reply #3 on: Apr 03, 2005, 12:14:13 PM »
This is not a good plan.  I like to do both, but feel the seasons should be separate.  I really enjoy that early bow season and hope to be able to pattern a decent buck or two this summer/early fall and don't want that chance ruined because the pressure will drive them off.  Also during bow season why should we be able to shoot only a doe, you know what will happen then.  Yep mr. big sits under your stand for an hour. 

Offline archbishop

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Apr 03, 2005, 02:05:01 PM »
is that new this year you can only shoot a doe during bow season?

Offline scboats81

• Nubbie
« Reply #5 on: Apr 04, 2005, 12:35:07 PM »
archbishop,  from what I have read and understand about the split muzzleloader/bow season.  Muzzleloader season that early would be open only for antlerless deer.  If you choose to bowhunt at the same time you would be subject to the same regulations. 

Offline archbishop

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #6 on: Apr 04, 2005, 01:45:17 PM »
the bow season would go from the first saturday in oct. till the day before the regular season and early muzzleloader would go from the 3rd saturday in oct. for just 7 days and during the muzzleloader week its antlerless only for bow and muzzleloader so its only 7 days you have 2 weeks to get mister big then just one week of only doe hunting let mr big relax then back to mr big with a bow as muzzleloader season is only from oct. 15 to oct.  21 and it wont affect any of the shotgun hunters as the woods will calm down by nov. 19 heck it may even trick the deers into thinking the season started and ended lol so as a bow hunter i dont think this will hurt at all it may screw up 1 weekend but we got a 15 day head start this year so i cant complain but like i said wait untill nov.19 and see how if affected my bow season

Offline scboats81

• Nubbie
« Reply #7 on: Apr 05, 2005, 12:54:57 PM »
 Just have to go deeper in the swamp that weekend and probably prior to that.  You just know that those guys won't have done all their scouting as early as us.

Offline archbishop

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #8 on: Apr 05, 2005, 01:00:46 PM »
well remember alot of those guys are us i personally dont use a muzzleloader till late season if i havnt gotten all my deer yet but alot of bow hunters will be grabbing there muzzleloaders that week for that long range shot but i doubt it will be the woods full of black powder that most think its going to be probably just a few that opening sat and sun but your right just push a little deeper and earlier and let them drive the deer to us if we havnt gotten ours yet

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal