Author Topic: You got to visit the Adirondack Wildlife Museum!!!  (Read 5067 times)

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
  • Beware, the Ghost Deer are going to get you!!!!
You got to visit the Adirondack Wildlife Museum!!!
« on: Dec 01, 2008, 07:19:01 AM »
I went to the Adirondack wildlife Museum in Vails Mills, NY(About 7 miles north of Amsterdam. It has over 100 deer mounts, bear mounts plus lots of hunting and fishing antiques. The care taker is very friendly and they encourage you to take pictures. The cost of admission is $10. There is also a very nice gift shop. I highly recommend this place. Here are some pictures:

Tresspassing on my land is bad, Tresspassing on my land with an ATV will get you shot!

Offline caroga kid

• 6 Pointer
Re: You got to visit the Adirondack Wildlife Museum!!!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 01, 2008, 09:06:13 AM »
Definitely a great place and worth the trip..That piebald 7pt was shot in stratford and donated by a friend of mine.
h=100 height=100]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v161/deposit/Blood%20in%20the%20Truck%201_zps1mwil74t.jpg[/img

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Dec 01, 2008, 09:06:48 AM »
Definitely a great place and worth the trip..That piebald 7pt was shot in stratford and donated by a friend of mine.

That's cool.  I like the odd deer like that.
Tresspassing on my land is bad, Tresspassing on my land with an ATV will get you shot!

Offline caroga kid

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Dec 01, 2008, 09:17:30 AM »
That buck actually has a pretty cool story. It was shot by a poacher the day before muzzeloader season opened. The poacher shot it in the neck, but somehow missed the vitals leaving the bullet lodged in the meat.Someone seen the guy shooting at the buck illegally and turned him in. But with no dead deer they had no proof. My friend  harvested the deer 3 days later and encon was able to remove the bullet and match it to the guys gun leading to his arrest..
h=100 height=100]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v161/deposit/Blood%20in%20the%20Truck%201_zps1mwil74t.jpg[/img

Offline walleyeguy

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Dec 01, 2008, 09:19:37 AM »
wow i need to go there i been to the wild center in tupper lake trhats cool to

upstatehunter

« Reply #5 on: Dec 01, 2008, 09:41:04 AM »
What a place to get together and meet some of you. That would be great.

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #6 on: Dec 01, 2008, 10:37:35 AM »
CK,
You should go and tell that story to the caretaker. I'm sure he'd put up a sign about that.

Offline joe snag

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • I will Stand and Salute the American Flag always
« Reply #7 on: Dec 01, 2008, 05:15:01 PM »
One of those capes is my 2002 10 point---hows Bob K..::::""{{:

upstatehunter

« Reply #8 on: Dec 01, 2008, 06:45:34 PM »
Thats cool Joe!! I wasgoing to do a euro on mine and three guys called for my cape, The price they offered was hard to decide to mount him. :-\

Offline joe snag

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • I will Stand and Salute the American Flag always
« Reply #9 on: Dec 01, 2008, 08:25:37 PM »
I only got 50 from Bob,,,thought about mounting it but --the big one is still out there for me--I only had 1 white tail ever mounted--that was in 1972,,my first buck--I'll try to get a pic of it to post.

upstatehunter

« Reply #10 on: Dec 02, 2008, 04:21:12 AM »
They were offering 150.00 ??? This will be my first mount. Our family never put heads on the wall just horns on a plaque. My brother had his bear and the nine point he got the same year mounted but the young fuy who did them was learning and they fell apart. So now they hang in the garage, shame too as they are both good animals. Maybe if I win the lottery I'll have them redone for him.
Yes post a pic of the mount you know we all love to see deer pics.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal