Author Topic: Young Bucks on Trail Cam  (Read 2854 times)

Offline webs820

• Spiked
Young Bucks on Trail Cam
« on: Aug 17, 2008, 03:36:05 PM »
I've got this 6 pointer from last year.  He was a small 6, now he doesnt look to bad.  The 4 is nice and tall too.  He should be good in another year.  A bunch of coyotes running around as well.

4 point (maybe 6, cant see the brows) with doe

Coyotes

Offline oldtown46

• Nubbie
Re: Young Bucks on Trail Cam
« Reply #1 on: Aug 17, 2008, 05:18:56 PM »
Nice photos!

Offline monk

• 8 Pointer
  • I'd rather be outdoors
« Reply #2 on: Aug 17, 2008, 06:41:10 PM »
Nice pics!  Looks like the one coyote is wondering, which way did they go?
 MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! God Bless America!
"Old age is like everything else. To make a success of it, you've got to start young."
Theodore Rooseve

Offline Stuck-on-Seven

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Aug 17, 2008, 08:23:37 PM »
nice pics.......i see in the first pic of the 4 pt it seems that you put the cam up in the tree i was just wondering if there was a reason, is it better than putting it closer to the ground?

Offline webs820

• Spiked
« Reply #4 on: Aug 17, 2008, 08:47:20 PM »
nice pics.......i see in the first pic of the 4 pt it seems that you put the cam up in the tree i was just wondering if there was a reason, is it better than putting it closer to the ground?

The first pic was on fallen tree limbs and there was a nice trail under it. I tried to cover a shot looking up the trail instead of across it.  This year I'm trying the lower shots. Just got a new cam and the sensor range is great and captures anything moving within that open "window" of brush.  If you look in the newer pics, you'll see in the back the dead limbs that fell down.  I had to climb up into it to the cam up there, plus its not that hidden if someone did happen to stumble by and want to steal it. 

Offline Big buck tracker

• 6 Pointer
  • Let the little ones live
« Reply #5 on: Aug 18, 2008, 04:50:57 PM »
very nice photos

Offline Stuck-on-Seven

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #6 on: Aug 18, 2008, 07:31:08 PM »
i see i always worry about people stealing mine too i dont understand why some people take things like cams and treestands its reall ashame  :-\

Offline webs820

• Spiked
« Reply #7 on: Aug 18, 2008, 08:20:38 PM »
i see i always worry about people stealing mine too i dont understand why some people take things like cams and treestands its reall ashame  :-\

So the camera that I have now has two different spots to lock it.  One on the unit itself for the camera and the other I attached a nice cable around with lock.  Some people do not have respect for other peoples property and equipment.  If I accidentally was on someone elses land and saw a camera I'd be outta there.

Offline Stuck-on-Seven

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #8 on: Aug 18, 2008, 09:43:09 PM »
So the camera that I have now has two different spots to lock it.  One on the unit itself for the camera and the other I attached a nice cable around with lock.  Some people do not have respect for other peoples property and equipment.  If I accidentally was on someone elses land and saw a camera I'd be outta there.
what kind of cam do u have??? i have a wildview and a stealth cam but ive been thinking of buying another one not sure if i really wanna burn 200 or 300 but i might go for something in the 150 area

Offline webs820

• Spiked
« Reply #9 on: Aug 19, 2008, 06:02:56 AM »
its a moultrie d-40 .  i got it for around $100...but just saw it on sale from Bass pro for around 70.  the night pictures are not too good but its not bad for the price.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal