Author Topic: young hunter does great on state land  (Read 6786 times)

Offline larz

• Forked
young hunter does great on state land
« on: Oct 22, 2010, 09:32:06 AM »
we have a young mason here at work who was pretty bummed out because his so called friend kicked him off the spot where he had done alot of time in helping out and scouting with
trail cam, so myself and my hunting buddy told him to follow us up on the state land behind where we work. it is locked down except during deer season,so we(my hunting buddy and I)
 have been scouting it for a few days now and had found a bunch of buck rubs and sign. We took this young man in there and the second night in there and he killed a nice five point
 with the one side of his rack was deformed and the main beam was pointing down like a drop tine with a bulb on the end he was so happy and his dad was too. It was cool he has only
 been hunting two years I don't know who was more excited him or us guys we all hurried up there to help him get it uot and took it home for him in the back of our truck,helped him
 hang it and done some celbrating with him and his dad and family. I told him that no one can kick him off his new hunting spot and its 2200 + aches which is mostly oak trees that deers
 belly was full of acorns.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
Re: young hunter does great on state land
« Reply #1 on: Oct 22, 2010, 10:00:24 AM »
Good job larz!! We have to keep the young guys excited about the sport. Always great to see guys sharing their knowledge and their hunting areas with the young people.
We like Pics!!!

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #2 on: Oct 22, 2010, 10:12:41 AM »
Great story...   Congratulations to ALL involved....
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline larz

• Forked
« Reply #3 on: Oct 22, 2010, 10:52:23 AM »
Good job larz!! We have to keep the young guys excited about the sport. Always great to see guys sharing their knowledge and their hunting areas with the young people.
We like Pics!!!
I would post the picture but don't know how

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #4 on: Oct 22, 2010, 11:09:32 AM »
Very cool larz. Congrats to all those involved

Offline BIG NINE!!!

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: Oct 22, 2010, 11:43:05 AM »
Larz,
That is awesome that you guys did that for the kid. His buddy must of saw a big one and was too afraid that he might get it, so he kicked him out.
I hope you get rewarded with a nice buck too!
Later,
BIG NINE!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal