MHF US Northeast > Hunting New York

Connecticut Hill WMA

(1/5) > >>

shantysittter:
The lease we were hunting got to expensive and we are not renewing it. I was wondering if anyone on here has hunted there? We are looking at putting up a tent and hunting the first 10 days of gun season. We have never hunted there, so any input would be appreciated

ramrod:
where was your lease?

feller i worked w went to c hiill and said it was terrible hunting. but he is old and i dont know how far he really got off the road. so i would say your best bet is to go do some preseason scouting and see if there is much in the deer sign dept and go from there.  taking someones word for anything nowadays is not a good idea.  ;D

huntny30:
Conn Hill is across the way from our camp...do your homework do your scouting and you'lll kill deer...

shantysittter:

--- Quote from: ramrod on Sep 08, 2011, 08:46:14 PM ---where was your lease?

feller i worked w went to c hiill and said it was terrible hunting. but he is old and i dont know how far he really got off the road. so i would say your best bet is to go do some preseason scouting and see if there is much in the deer sign dept and go from there.  taking someones word for anything nowadays is not a good idea.  ;D
[/RAMROD, We had a lease through COTTON HANLON a few years  back right at the schuyler county border. We left there and got on a lease up by Oneida Lake, constantly had people trespassing, stands stolen and people riding ATV'S through the fields at night. Last year we hunted out by Alfred, good hunting but it just got to expensive. Looking at maps and seeing hhow big C HILL is we figured we would give it a shot,without having to pay to hunt there.
--- End quote ---

mookie:

ive hunted it in the past , it has given up deer for me but its a zoo . gotta get off the beatin track . i like to do some early scoutin / grouse huntin to learn my way around any new state land i plan to hunt  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version