Author Topic: Grouse  (Read 1967 times)

Offline brian d

• Forked
Grouse
« on: Sep 26, 2007, 12:13:03 PM »
While we were moose hunting or so called moose hunting. We were seeing birds all over the place. So when it was clear the the chance of moose was slim we started on the birds. Even under wet & windy condition we got a pile every night.
Can't wait till the leafs drop off to really see the birds

Offline BigHunter

• Nubbie
Re: Grouse
« Reply #1 on: Sep 26, 2007, 06:44:10 PM »
where were you moose hunting? Did you see any around?

Offline brian d

• Forked
« Reply #2 on: Sep 27, 2007, 12:46:59 PM »
We hunted right from the winter road ( up north ) and toward to Bisset.
Hunting was tough, as it rained a lot, was windy,the leafs haven't started falling yet, and when it was nice and we were into areas that showed good signs we were not able to get any responce from calling.
We were hunting with a local hotel owner so we were able to talk to everybody we met and they were only confirmed what we knew.
We did see some nice bulls come out, but these guys were deep into the bush with quads, boats tents.
I am waiting for a phone call when the moose start calling that should be this weekend.
I know if we had gone further into the bush we would have had some action, but the crew I was with are getting up there in age and the thought of packing am animal by myself doesn't sit well.

Offline fly-in

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Jan 09, 2008, 10:45:19 AM »
did you ever get your call? I'd like a confirmed report of when the moose are ruting up there, I've been hunting up north of bisset for 5yrs and have NEVER had a response yet. We fly in, but always early so we can get the plane off floats sooner ???, I've heard that thanksgiving is the time they rut?

Offline brian d

• Forked
« Reply #4 on: Jan 09, 2008, 01:15:07 PM »
The second week of the season typicall when the moose should start responding to calling.
I have family who fly in north of 304.
In the 2nd week of the season the 4 of them had there 2 moose in the first morning of the hunt. All with calling

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal