Author Topic: longest recovery ever!!!!!!  (Read 4445 times)

Offline nielsen326

• Spiked
  • whack em' n stack em'
longest recovery ever!!!!!!
« on: Oct 14, 2009, 10:45:03 PM »
last year during the rut i shot a big!!! 10 pointer. now this was the first deer I've shot with my bow so i was a little nervous. he was eight yards away from me under my stand and i hit him high and back. Me and my dad went out and looked the next morning for about 5 hours no blood no nothing. we never told anyone that we shot this deer (BIG MISTAKE) GUN SEASON my neighbor goes and does a drive on the last day they kick up a big buck he shot and thought that he missed about 3 minutes later a driver said there was a big buck down he walked over to it and the deer was all bloated he said this deer was shot awhile ago. we didn't talk to our neighbor until about 3 days ago and he told us about the drive my dad said was there  gold tip arrow in it and he said yeah and we told him about the deer i shot and we saw the antlers tonight so i finally got my deer 349 DAYS LATER that's about the longest it took for me to recover a deer

and i shot the big 10's off spring with my gun last week for my first gun deer

thank you Brandon R****d!!!!
and my dad for putting me in the position to make the shot!!
« Last Edit: Oct 14, 2009, 11:29:43 PM by nielsen326 »

Offline Bigfish57

• 6 Pointer
Re: longest recovery ever!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Oct 15, 2009, 06:12:32 PM »
I'm glad you got your rack but here is a tip for next time. If you think you hit it too far back leave it be till the next morning. If you don't find it then come back the next few days and look and listen for bird activity. I have helps a few friends find there deer this way. The meat isn't always good but it still closes the chapter.

Poop happens, people that never miss don't hunt much.

Offline camocrazy82

• Forked
« Reply #2 on: Oct 15, 2009, 06:56:30 PM »
I'm glad you got your rack but here is a tip for next time. If you think you hit it too far back leave it be till the next morning. If you don't find it then come back the next few days and look and listen for bird activity. I have helps a few friends find there deer this way. The meat isn't always good but it still closes the chapter.

Poop happens, people that never miss don't hunt much.

I second that and since you mentioned it, I missed tonight! 4" Low grazed her chest.

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #3 on: Oct 16, 2009, 01:50:45 PM »
nielsen326 you are one lucky hunter if that guy turned those antlers over to you. Kudos to the other hunter for doing so. How about some pics of the rack if you got it back?

Offline nielsen326

• Spiked
  • whack em' n stack em'
« Reply #4 on: Oct 16, 2009, 04:06:39 PM »

the one on the left is the 9 pointer i shot with my gun and the one on the right is the 10 i shot with the bow last year. Yea, real lucky i know how some people get when it comes to deer!
« Last Edit: Oct 16, 2009, 04:32:46 PM by nielsen326 »

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #5 on: Oct 16, 2009, 05:38:16 PM »
That's awesome nice bucks congrats. Thanks for posting the pic. I wish the guy would have given me the rack from the first buck I shot.

Offline nielsen326

• Spiked
  • whack em' n stack em'
« Reply #6 on: Oct 16, 2009, 07:10:36 PM »
That's awesome nice bucks congrats. Thanks for posting the pic. I wish the guy would have given me the rack from the first buck I shot.
yeah the guy that found him we know and hes been hut=nting his whole life and he said he would mean alot more to me then him
hes a pretty good guy
« Last Edit: Oct 16, 2009, 11:04:17 PM by nielsen326 »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal