Author Topic: DEER HAVE A MIND OF THERE OWNN! READD!!!  (Read 5213 times)

Offline girlshunttoo

• Spiked
  • bring on the gobblers!
DEER HAVE A MIND OF THERE OWNN! READD!!!
« on: Apr 13, 2009, 02:13:10 PM »
So, this winter me and my uncle got a phone call from my dad all happy sayin, "I just stuck a big buck! Come pick me and this deer up!" Now my uncle looks alot like Willy Nelson Jr. and hes the biggest redneck ive ever seen, so here we are decked out in camo and we pull into the woods and see this HUGE buck with the weirdest rack I have ever seen and my uncle beeps the horn and that big ol' buck halls butt across this trail and my uncle FLOOR's it [I dont know if he was tryin to hit it or catch up to it to see where it was going] and follows it and see's it runs into this field. So my uncle gets out and theres this button buck standin there and my uncle now is only wearin jeans and a camo shirt and gets his bow and walks 5 feet away from this button buck and he just looks at him probley sayin "oh, i know your not gonna kill me cus you got big ol' Benny over there waiting to die." Anyways, the only thing this button buck does is smell my uncles arm when he walks up to this other buck and turns and starts walkin towards the truck and stops and walks away.

My uncle comes back with a missin' arrow and a frown but at least somebody got a deer!
[It was my dads first bow buck ever.]
:)

Any of you been close to a deer before?
its pretty cool.
Eva(:

Offline Stuck-on-Seven

• 10 Pointer
Re: DEER HAVE A MIND OF THERE OWNN! READD!!!
« Reply #1 on: Apr 15, 2009, 08:55:57 PM »
My cuz used to work at a deer farm and i went over there once and got to get in the pen with some 160-180 class bucks it was awesome they were all in velvet with sticker points and drop tines really cool.....closest i ever been to a wild one was about 6 feet when i was bowhunting on the ground.

Offline buckblaster

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Apr 16, 2009, 07:40:43 PM »
Was sitting behind a big maple tree two years ago watching down towards a ravine. I turned to look around the tree and theres three does two feet away.The biggest doe actually sniffed the end of my gun barrel.Scared the crap out of both of us.Lucky for her i wasn't going for does.
icefishinman88 on the shanty

Offline DOORGUY

• Spiked
« Reply #3 on: Apr 17, 2009, 04:21:18 AM »
yeah i've been right up to a few at a farm this guy has in my town,heres a story for ya...one day my father was doing a job at a house down the road from the farm and he bends down to get something out of his tool bag and when he stands back up theres this six point staning there nose to nose with him and its got a big yellow tag in its ear. so he's thinkin...where the hell did this thing come from the lady says"oh thtas just bucky from down the road" appearantly the deer was the man with the farms pet and he let it go in his house like a dog. but when his owners came to pick him and put that dog leash on him he went right back to bein wild...kickin snort jumpin around hicked the crap out of the guy who came i guess it was pretty funny to watch this poor guy wrestle this stupid deer into the back of a pickup truck. just a little story i figured i'd share.

Offline camocrazy82

• Forked
« Reply #4 on: Apr 17, 2009, 07:13:23 PM »
I had an 8 pt walk up to me when I was sitting up against a tree chasing bushy tails. He never ran, just followed my scent 2 ft from me lifted his head and turned 180 and walked away. Pretty neat.

Offline larz

• Forked
« Reply #5 on: Aug 26, 2009, 11:21:25 AM »
We had a place we use to rabbit hunt in Woodhall ny that the farm had a doe deer that would run up and let you pet it. and frolick sorta like a dog would do, They would put it in the barn for deer hunting season.

Offline NiagaraJiggin

• Nubbie
« Reply #6 on: Aug 30, 2009, 11:15:25 AM »
I've had a couple instances...

first time was during an archery hunt...I had my bow rested on my shoulder as I walked to my spot only to have a small buck comes out of the thickets towards me. I was downwind so he came closer to investigate me. He came right up to me without hestating much...sniffed my waist and then down to my boots and then walked away---scared the crap out of me for a second

second time was also during archery...was walking through some thick brush and some does walked right up behind me, I didn't even hear them until they were right behind me...like a couple feet....I turned around nervously and we all jumped right out of our skins....it was kinda funny
Keeps Your Guns Clean !!      NiagaraJiggin

Master Forest Owner Volunteer
NYFOA Member

Offline HuntinFool

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #7 on: Oct 26, 2009, 03:08:48 AM »
i had me a pet bull moose for awhile.....he liked it when you rubbed his nose and ears.......i caught a whitetail fawn when i was at loggin camp in idaho as a kid with my dad....doe was very upset and would come within 5 feet, snorting and bleating, kickin up dirt....she wasnt very happy, so i let the fawn go.....
Ive Hunted Almost Everyday Of My Life, The Rest Have Been Wasted

Offline AD

• Forked
« Reply #8 on: Nov 01, 2009, 08:22:21 AM »
 Had  a doe come within 5 yards of me and snorted.    She had walked directly up behind me and the huge white oak I was sitting agaisnt.   Scared the crap outta me, I jumped, she just looked at me and started to walk in a circle around me.     I pulled the crossbow up when she got around to the side of me and pulled the trigger...........     One of the crossbow limbs smacked the tree I had been sitting agaisnt and jerked the bolt and bow way off track, knocked my glasses off my face and once again scared the crap outta me.....    I misssed her at a full 7 yards.      She ran off to thirty yards and just stared at me for a good five minutes.    If I wasnt shaking too badly to re-cock the crossbow I could have gotten off a second shot at her.   
....  You can't eat the antlers ....

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal