Author Topic: Horn in the woods  (Read 6968 times)

Offline hunts2long

• 12 Pointer
  • Northville,NY
Horn in the woods
« on: Sep 27, 2010, 08:29:04 AM »
My Dad (it's his fault that I have deer hunting sickness) tells how he would get out of work eariy enough to go set in the woods for a couple hours every afternoon. So he's sitting in the woods and he hears a car horn blowing. Every few minutes he would hear it, so he starts out thinking something may be wrong at home. He walks up to a man sitting on a log and he is dressing in an overcoat and has tie on. Dad asked if he or someone is lost and he said "No, that's my wife down in the car blowing the horn because, this is my second time here, I have been in the woods for an hour,and last year when I came up from the city it only took me 45 minutes to get my deer." Dad left him sitting on the log. hunts2long
Some days are diamonds some days are stone

Offline maineduckhunter

• 12 Pointer
  • 2008 8 pt.
Re: Horn in the woods
« Reply #1 on: Sep 27, 2010, 08:39:09 AM »
What? :o

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #2 on: Sep 27, 2010, 08:57:09 AM »
Okay I have just a few questions for you hunts2long.

1) Was this public or private land?
2) If it was private is it posted?
3) Was it bow or gun season?
3) Why exactly was she blowing the horn? (Was he lost or was she trying to locate him).
4) Did the guy have clothes on when your dad approached? (Sounds like he was naked only wearing a tie and putting an overcoat on)
5) Was the wife hot? (Does not really matter but it adds to the story)

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
  • Beware, the Ghost Deer are going to get you!!!!
« Reply #3 on: Sep 27, 2010, 09:06:41 AM »
Darn flat lander!  City folk don't belong up here.   I am not surprised. I have had some NYC people ask me how to get back to their car while hunting in Schoharie county.
Tresspassing on my land is bad, Tresspassing on my land with an ATV will get you shot!

Offline ramrod

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Sep 27, 2010, 09:37:18 AM »
congrats on your recent acquiring of DHS. (deer hunting sickness) obviously this man was suffering from an extreme case likely from being cooped up in the concrete jungle with out a daily release. from the research iv done it is a native virus and not an invasive so no shot
or vaccine is currently needed. this is the time of year when " the sickness" is at its peak and the only known treatment
of the many sypmtoms (sitting silently staring at maps and trail cam photos for hours, neglecting household chores and
wife, driving around b4 dark wasting gas checking fields, constantly shooting at things that you cannot possibly kill and or
eat, etc...) is to submerse your arms elbow deep into the chest cavity of a whitetail deer. it is extremely theraputic and has worked for me and thousands of others suffering from DHS. the only other option u hav is to sit on a log naked in a camo tie. (but leave your wacko wife home cuz most women are imune to dhs and will never understand the stranglehold this disease will place on your brain)
If vegetarians love animals so much, why do they eat all their food?   

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #5 on: Sep 27, 2010, 10:17:33 AM »
Glad you are addicted to the outdoors!!
Sounds like the guy was a victim of the "so easy a caveman can do it" Syndrome...
Wonder how many years passed after that with no deer, if he ever went again. The wife sounds like she was only going to give him his 45 minutes of peace!!

Offline hunts2long

• 12 Pointer
  • Northville,NY
« Reply #6 on: Sep 27, 2010, 10:28:49 AM »
Ramrod....I have tried all those cures, none have worked, thankgoodness....by the way, I didn't just get the "sickness" I have had a reoccurring symptoms for the past 52 years...hunts2long
Some days are diamonds some days are stone

Offline ramrod

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #7 on: Sep 27, 2010, 10:41:17 AM »
lol !!!    its reassuring to know that even with todays technology DHS is uncurable!

If vegetarians love animals so much, why do they eat all their food?   

Offline maaco321.

• 6 Pointer
  • Take a kid hunting
« Reply #8 on: Nov 02, 2010, 02:18:51 PM »
LOL!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal