Author Topic: ANTIS' LOSE IN MAINE  (Read 2773 times)

Offline Phoenix

• Spiked
ANTIS' LOSE IN MAINE
« on: Nov 03, 2004, 05:31:31 AM »
The bear baiting referendum question here came out in favor of hunters ;D Baiting and hounding will continue in 'The Pine Tree State' ;D ;D Gotta keep an eye on the back door though, I'm sure the b****rds will be back in four years.

Offline Out4Trout

• 8 Pointer
  • Out4Bucks in November
Re: ANTIS' LOSE IN MAINE
« Reply #1 on: Nov 03, 2004, 07:15:40 AM »
It was way too close though, around 53% to 47%. Southern Maine had the yes vote, Northern Maine the No vote. Too many non hunters in the Portland area. I'm sure the antis will be back.  >:(

One thing that really burns me up is the statement that the anti-a-hole made after loosing. He said that we (the no's) had a lot of money from out of state trophy hunters supporting the no vote and was out spent 2 to 1 - Bulls*%&. They had large anti groups from DC and NY backing them and they contributed hundreds of thousands of dollars for TV ads. I saw twice as many anti ads as I did vote no ads. Plus he thinks all hunters are trophy hunters. He has made statements of how poor a hunter you are if you set over bait, although admitting that he has never hunted himself.  ::)

If this had passed, it would have just opened the door to stop the hunting for other animals.

Offline Tracker

• Forked
  • 2 MORE STEPS AND HE IS MINE!!!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 03, 2004, 07:32:13 AM »
I lived in Maine my whole life until 6 years ago. Yesterday was the first day I kicked myself in the a$$ for not living there. This is the only question on any ballot anywhere that I wanted to vote on. I donated over a hundred dollars to the fight. I am some glad it was defeated.  Congradulations MAINE ;D ;D ;D

Offline deerhunter

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Nov 04, 2004, 06:06:27 AM »
this is for hunters everywhere. stick together it may be your state next. they won,t stop until they have stopped hunting altogether and take your guns with it. they have nothen better to do with there time.

Offline Dogman

• Nubbie
« Reply #4 on: Nov 04, 2004, 05:45:39 PM »
This is a victory for management by managers,professional people making rational decisions and using proven methods of research.Its about time we won one of these fights!!!

Offline Out4Trout

• 8 Pointer
  • Out4Bucks in November
« Reply #5 on: Nov 04, 2004, 06:57:36 PM »
This is a victory for management by managers,professional people making rational decisions and using proven methods of research.Its about time we won one of these fights!!!

That's the thing, let the biologists and fish & game department (who keep records and perform studies on how to keep the critter population under control) make the hunting regulations.

Offline BuckShotJon

• Forked
« Reply #6 on: Nov 05, 2004, 07:28:00 AM »
Refreshing to see that hunters voted on this.

Its also refreshing to know that the non-hunters (those that do not hunt but do not take a side) also casted there vote in support.

It proves that common sense won for at least a day.

Jon

Offline killditrite

• Forked
« Reply #7 on: Nov 07, 2004, 05:01:02 AM »
you are right jon, and this is a perfect example of the legislature having all the rule making power and the Dept of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife not having any.they know what is best for the animals,they are the pros.leaving a decision like this to the uneducated(on this particular topic,please dont take offense voters)general public is very dangerous as you have mentioned the antis always have a big group usually with plenty of financial backing who make all these terrible arguments and tv commercials that are mostly false.then the i.f.&w. will plea there case but on their limited budget it is very difficult to counter the antis.the only real losers here would have been the bears. :( lucky for them maine got out and voted!!

Offline archbishop

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #8 on: Mar 29, 2005, 01:51:55 PM »
congrats to all in maine any defeat for the anti's is a win for us all everywhere

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal