Author Topic: Canned Hunts  (Read 9961 times)

Offline tucker

• 6 Pointer
  • What are you lookin at?
Re: Canned Hunts
« Reply #15 on: Aug 17, 2006, 09:36:16 AM »
That catch and release deer hunting is very hard.  The deer kick the crap out of you when you try to take the hook out  ;D

Offline CROWKILLER

• 6 Pointer
  • Kill um - n - Grill um
« Reply #16 on: Aug 17, 2006, 09:46:52 AM »
That catch and release deer hunting is very hard.  The deer kick the crap out of you when you try to take the hook out  ;D
thats funny you say that cuz i know an indian that catches deer on a hook baited with an apple

Offline woodsman

• Spiked
« Reply #17 on: Aug 17, 2006, 10:15:03 AM »
no matter weather all sportsman stick together or not on the canned hunt issue it just gives anti's something to bitch about, if its fair chase they really have nothing but the fact we are killing animals to bitch about, but in the canned hunt issue, heck they have alot to bitch about, then they want all hunters to stick together because then they can say, see their all unethicle weather they do it or not they all agree on it ??? canned hunts are for rich people who could give two craps about the outdoors and just need a rack for their trophy room but dont want to put in any work for it, they make us all look bad, not only to anti's but to everyone, its not sporting in any way shape or form, its selective killing!

I totally agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
woodsman

Offline archbishop

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #18 on: Aug 17, 2006, 10:15:25 AM »

i was talking about this crap.

http://www.myhuntingforum.com/hunting_forum/index.php?topic=766.0

Offline tucker

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #19 on: Aug 18, 2006, 07:19:09 AM »
I know arch, just having a bit of fun. ;D 

Offline flockshot

• 6 Pointer
  • I have a thing for redheads
« Reply #20 on: Aug 18, 2006, 08:38:30 AM »
i would never hunt behind a fence....my buddies are the same way yet go the pheasent ranches all the time..to me its just not fun..shooting clay phesants.lol. oh well..as far as bait..its huge in michingan..650,000 hunters...425,000 use bait...so maybe its culture but i have no problem with it..its not the bait that does it for me..its the fences...or the farm that realese's animlas from a cage the morning of your hunt(but to be completly honest..i have gone to phesant ranch..with a recurve bow and tried the hard way..only got one..but i still felt dirty about it.)
"Here they come...TAKE'EM"......  I see dead ducks.

Offline tucker

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #21 on: Aug 18, 2006, 08:56:30 AM »
I think your right about culture.  If thats what you grew up with thats what you think is right.  I grew up with only using a shotgun for deer and they recently allowed use of rifles.  It just doesn't feel right.  Now i am not saying it is the same thing as shooting a deer in a pen, but the culture of the area does have a lot to do with it.  I have not yet shot a big buck, but I don't think i would get any fun out of shooting a deer that eats out of your hand.

Offline CROWKILLER

• 6 Pointer
  • Kill um - n - Grill um
« Reply #22 on: Aug 18, 2006, 09:52:23 AM »
I think your right about culture.  If thats what you grew up with thats what you think is right.  I grew up with only using a shotgun for deer and they recently allowed use of rifles.  It just doesn't feel right.  Now i am not saying it is the same thing as shooting a deer in a pen, but the culture of the area does have a lot to do with it.  I have not yet shot a big buck, but I don't think i would get any fun out of shooting a deer that eats out of your hand.
maybe now with a good rifle you will get your big buck since you can reach out n touch them

Offline Lobes

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #23 on: Mar 26, 2007, 08:04:28 PM »
My oldest boy (step son) went to Texas on one of these hunts with his dad and shot a tremendous buck. Now that some time has passed he admits he really missed the actual hunting aspect that just wasn't there. For him the best part was a chance to spend quality time with his dad that don't have much spare time at all (CEO of a very big manufacturer). They both look forward to a chance for a real hunt!

Offline brian d

• Forked
« Reply #24 on: Apr 13, 2007, 03:50:02 PM »
Everbody has there own definition of what hunting is. 
Now I don't know if this is the case or not, but are these animals that are canned hunted count in the B & C point  system. If so, then that's all I would have to disagree with.

Offline Lobes

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #25 on: Apr 26, 2007, 05:05:25 PM »
That would be tough to regulate. If the ranchers were required to tag their deer and notify B & C or P & Y of kill records that could be a possibility for accountability. Odds are I will never know the answer to that question since I just don't see myself ever participating in that type of a hunt.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal