Author Topic: bleat can striking out this year...?  (Read 4486 times)

Offline Mearzy

• 6 Pointer
bleat can striking out this year...?
« on: Nov 30, 2011, 07:24:54 PM »
well this season compared to last years the good ole' bleat can has been unproductive for me.  how's it working for everyone else?  My 4pt. this year was definately ruttin hard but was comin on a string too me up through a swale, never had to even try and call him in, funny thing was I passed up the youngin twice with early bow but openning day with rifle he couldn't shake the doe trail i was standing in and met his demise, he had no other care in the world other than tail...  so as the rifle tag is filled and late bow lingers I'm trying to tease a old shooter into second rut with the bleat, just haven't had as much response to the bleat as last season which was nuts!!  had 5 instances of cocker bucks sneak in on me and I mean sneak, look to the right and bam racked buck @ 15 yds.!!!  Strangely two nights ago I had a really nice fat doe and her two twins under my stand playing for 45 minutes, watching them play was almost better than drawing a buck in......alright almost!

Offline TR19

• 8 Pointer
Re: bleat can striking out this year...?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 30, 2011, 07:44:06 PM »
My boy valled his 7 pointer right in on a bleat on 11/19. Buck was walking quartering away, he hit the bleat & this buck did a 180 right back to him... well another 20 yds before he took a 7mm-08 round through the neck that is.

Offline Spikehorn11

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Dec 01, 2011, 07:16:43 AM »
I stopped trying with the can and rattling. Never had luck with them. But I never leave home without a grunt call.

Offline Mearzy

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Dec 01, 2011, 03:14:51 PM »
yeah I have never done much rattling at all mostly because I have never heard real rattling during daylight hours.  Always have my grunt handy to real one in from far but by far have always had decide luck bringing in bucks with a few bleats of a long range can.  Maybe I just haven't had the timing down this year and been just out of their ear shot. :-\

Offline oneshott

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Jul 11, 2013, 03:31:42 AM »
I have called in and turned around a few buck with the primos original can call.  So, I will always give it a try.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal