MHF Canada > Manitoba

1st nite in tree stand 4 bear

<< < (2/4) > >>

Mearzy:

--- Quote from: atplayart on May 13, 2013, 10:26:02 AM --- anyone else out there hunting bears  --why don't many people post here ?

--- End quote ---

Most of us aren't fortunate to have a spring bear season, most states just offer a fall season.

Green Mountian Hunter:

anyone else out there hunting bears  --why don't many people post here ?

[/quote]           Wish we had a spring Bear Season some day they  may say we have a real problem and open it up ....

30-30:

--- Quote from: Green Mountian Hunter on May 13, 2013, 05:24:27 PM ---

anyone else out there hunting bears  --why don't many people post here ?

Wish we had a spring Bear Season some day they  may say we have a real problem and open it up ....

--- End quote ---
            Never happen, the law makers are set in their ways & won't change that much. ::)

windwalker:
Used to hunt bear every year , then the partners slowly filtered away and I had hoped that maybe this year I would , but the fellow who was interested  seems to have other things going on again so ? Maybe a fall hunt will be in order ?? Would love a color phase bear ! Have shoot so many Black  color black bears that I don't know if I would shoot anything unless it's a color that I like .Where abouts do you hunt ? I had a huge ( Book ) brown bear hanging around a bait pile a few years ago , never personally saw it ,but a friend who I let hunt there as well saw it a few times apparently ? I got a Book  black bear that year from that stand ,aged at 23 years old according to my paper that I got when I sent in the eye tooth ( I think it was the eye tooth )............

atplayart:

--- Quote from: windwalker on May 16, 2013, 06:42:12 AM ---Used to hunt bear every year , then the partners slowly filtered away and I had hoped that maybe this year I would , but the fellow who was interested  seems to have other things going on again so ? Maybe a fall hunt will be in order ?? Would love a color phase bear ! Have shoot so many Black  color black bears that I don't know if I would shoot anything unless it's a color that I like .Where abouts do you hunt ? I had a huge ( Book ) brown bear hanging around a bait pile a few years ago , never personally saw it ,but a friend who I let hunt there as well saw it a few times apparently ? I got a Book  black bear that year from that stand ,aged at 23 years old according to my paper that I got when I sent in the eye tooth ( I think it was the eye tooth )............

--- End quote ---

i hunt in manitoba  45 minutes north of  winnipeg   patricia beach ---   where do u hunt ---  i usually hav 3-4 baits out  --- an i hav shot lots of bears-- will only shoot colour phaze or monsters unless they nasty or trouble makers on my property -- i hav friends who sometimes get out an hunt but lots of times i hav active stands  that don't get hunted ---last year on my 80acres  (actually most of it was on about 5acres) under my oak trees there was 100 lbs of bearpoop if there was an ounce ---had to wear boots if u were walking there there was so much of it

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version