Hunting by Game/Technique > Small Game

Red squirrel hunting question

(1/3) > >>

rabbittrapper:
Every time I go out to hunt red squirrels they run up the tree and they never spot me. I try to use a squirrel call to calm them down and to see if they will come back down. It doesn't work. Any tips to not have them run up the tree and don't come back down.

stka:
Why not shoot them out of the tree? Just sit still for a few minutes and they will move around.

hesseltine32:

--- Quote from: stka on Oct 20, 2013, 12:08:06 PM ---Why not shoot them out of the tree? Just sit still for a few minutes and they will move around.

--- End quote ---

x2.  squirrels aren't really bright go to where you know they are and sit there and listen and look for them then move in for a shot.  Continue to do this through out the wood lots use to shoot tons of them while a kid using this method.   

Raquettedacker:

--- Quote from: rabbittrapper on Oct 20, 2013, 10:52:53 AM --- Any tips to not have them run up the tree and don't come back down.
--- End quote ---

Shoot them before they go up the tree?         ???

rabbittrapper:
They climb up the tree and don't stop to get a shot. Otherwise I would of shot all of them. They also hide where I can't find them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version