Author Topic: Blood Runners  (Read 1233 times)

Offline Deposit

• 12 Pointer
Blood Runners
« on: Sep 20, 2009, 08:08:07 PM »
I had watched the commercials enough so I thought I would give the Blood Runners a try. I normally use 100 grain Muzzy's and they ALWAY shot different than field points. Now the claim is that the Blood Runners shoot like field points.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4sQH36hXQI

I will say so far I am impressed. First off they are smaller than the Muzzy's. I shot a field point, then shot an arrow with the Blood Runner on it. The shot was right tight with my field point arrow at dinstances of 20, 30, and 40 yards. I had read some reviews that states the broad heads fell a part. I shot them at an old 3D target with good results and they were still in sharp working condition. We will see how they perform in a real hunting situation. (plus they are wicked cool with the way the blades slide expand apon impact ::) )

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
Re: Blood Runners
« Reply #1 on: Sep 21, 2009, 01:36:49 PM »
Cant wait to see the damage they do to a deer Deposit. .

Offline Stuck-on-Seven

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Sep 21, 2009, 01:59:45 PM »
look pretty good to me.....my dad just picked up a pack of g5 montecs at kittery in maine for 25 bucks on sale  :o.....i havent seen those for cheaper than 35 here in ny

Offline CAPTJJ

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Bowhunter
    • Rod Bender Charters, Lake George, NY
« Reply #3 on: Sep 22, 2009, 11:26:05 AM »
NAP makes some of the sharpest broadheads.  I like their Nitrons.

Deposit, the one thing I would be concerned about is they may not be legal to use in NY. When they are expanded they appear to be "barbed"; as long as they don't lock into position and would retract when pulled backwards, they should be legal. The original Tekans locked in place and weren't legal in NY.

Have you shot them yet? Wondering how they shoot?
Its always archery season. >>>---------->
Hybrid longbow in hand.

Offline Deposit

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Sep 22, 2009, 12:03:00 PM »
Cap they do NOT lock.  The reason the middle one is open is because the manufacture put a small peice of card board in the blade opening to keep it from sliding back for presentation purposes. The blades just slide out with the impact. Once the pressure is off the tip they slide back to normal. But I see what you mean. There are some more videos about them that I will post.

They are shooting very well. They have matched my field point shot for shot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2r_A2yUFsog

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70v79PsQ7pM&feature=related

Here are what the regs say:

Barbed broadheads are illegal for hunting big game. A barbed broadhead
is one in which the angle formed between the trailing or rear
edge of any blade and the shaft is less than 90 degrees.
Broadheads with mechanical blades are legal if the blades DO NOT form a barb
or hook when the arrow is pulled from the flesh of a deer or bear.

Since the blades do not lock and retract once the pressure is off the tip, I think they are O.K. to use.
« Last Edit: Sep 22, 2009, 12:15:34 PM by Deposit »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal