Author Topic: Treestands are up and ready  (Read 2390 times)

upstatehunter

Treestands are up and ready
« on: Aug 24, 2008, 08:18:41 PM »
My son and I put them up last weekend and I brought along the camera, for pics to show.

not sure if they came out, first was Ty in his stand, then a turkey on the way in, then Ty in my stand.

upstatehunter

Re: Treestands are up and ready
« Reply #1 on: Aug 25, 2008, 04:21:12 AM »
Here is the view Ty has in front of his stand.

Offline Dull Hooks

• Spiked
« Reply #2 on: Aug 25, 2008, 06:19:30 AM »
Nice set-up.. Like yours a little bit better with what looks like nice cover around you... Hopefully all those apples will stay on the tree long enough ... They've started to drop off in my area and the deer have been all over them.But lots of fruit around and are in good shape...

Good luck  ;)

Offline wile.e.1

• Forked
« Reply #3 on: Aug 25, 2008, 09:41:19 AM »
Nice set-up.. Like yours a little bit better with what looks like nice cover around you... Hopefully all those apples will stay on the tree long enough ... They've started to drop off in my area and the deer have been all over them.But lots of fruit around and are in good shape...

Good luck  ;)
I have apples falling by me also. The trees are sure loaded this year. There are so many apples, The branches on the apple trees in my yard are almost touching the ground in spots,  And Oh Yeah....I have sat in my stand for awhile already ;D ;D
remember those who served..ALL gave some, some gave ALL

upstatehunter

« Reply #4 on: Aug 26, 2008, 04:16:50 AM »
 :)
 He is open, will have the stand blind around him when he is in it hunting. There are five trees all within thirty yards of him. LOADED with apples. I am on a trail leading to them and to others in the area. A few falling here, just to heavy with apples.
Beeches are loaded, as well as acorns.

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #5 on: Aug 26, 2008, 07:32:09 AM »
What region of NY are you in? I still have my stands in from last year. One I never hunted is about 20yds from a HUGE white oak, hopefully it has a good acorn year too.  Last week I drove by a section of the Pine Bush to see if it looked like it was worth trying to hunt and saw a nice six right on the side of the road, behind him a big eight (or better). That got the blood flowing.

upstatehunter

« Reply #6 on: Aug 26, 2008, 06:46:30 PM »
Cool, We have seen four different bucks in the area. We are central Adirondacks. Near Gore Mnt. I was going to head down there last year for late season, Pine Bush looked good but would think it would be crowded.

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #7 on: Aug 27, 2008, 11:46:41 AM »
I haven't hunted it mysel yet. I was looking for another spot close to home because the land I hunted the last few years just got a hearing for subdivision. More habitat gone. I have heard stories of hunters getting harrased in the pine bush, to the point of people following them to their stands and lurking around yelling to scare off the deer.

Offline pooley

• 6 Pointer
  • don't shoot the 2 legged dear!
« Reply #8 on: Aug 27, 2008, 06:46:52 PM »
upstatehunter, i'll need a map or something to find that stand! :P

upstatehunter

« Reply #9 on: Aug 29, 2008, 04:43:41 AM »
upstatehunter, i'll need a map or something to find that stand! :P
Pooley,
Mine is tucked in to some hemlocks, on the edge of a clearcut. The trails going by it are dirt, grooved into the ground. I think its a good spot. I had to laugh, Ty was seeting the target out for me to shoot at, when he looked back he asked where the heck did you go? I just had camo shirt and pants on. I was surprised how much he blended with carharts and brown shirt.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal