Author Topic: My new bow hunting rig  (Read 6095 times)

Offline tubeslinger

• 8 Pointer
My new bow hunting rig
« on: Apr 03, 2014, 10:17:24 PM »
I started looking for a bow a couple weeks ago. I was specifically looking for an ELITE bow. Looked at the new ones and then went on AT and did some research. Come to find out the older ELITES are just a good as the new ones. Some say the old Z28 or the GT500 are still better. I ended up finding an 09 GT500 in real good shape on AT in the classifieds. So I negotiated and got her at a good price. Right before the guy from the shop boxed it up to ship to me. He realized he listed the wrong draw length it was actually 29.5 not 29. So long story short he ordered brand new cams for the bow and installed them at no additional charge. ELITE also has a lifetime transferable warranty. 8)  Got her all set up tonight and paper tuned. Gonna get her dialed in on targets tomorrow hopefully. So here she is!

Black riser and camo limbs
Sword Hunter 5 pin sight
Limbdriver rest
Stokerized black 10 inch stabilizer

Offline CAPTJJ

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Bowhunter
    • Rod Bender Charters, Lake George, NY
Re: My new bow hunting rig
« Reply #1 on: Apr 03, 2014, 10:21:03 PM »
Nice looking rig, your gonna like it I bet. 8)

Did you have a Sword on your old bow? I have two of them, they are nice and solid.
Its always archery season. >>>---------->
Hybrid longbow in hand.

Offline tubeslinger

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Apr 03, 2014, 10:26:31 PM »
Nice looking rig, your gonna like it I bet. 8)

Did you have a Sword on your old bow? I have two of them, they are nice and solid.

Thanks JJ. :)

No this is my first Sword sight. So far I really like it cant imagine not liking it though.

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #3 on: Apr 04, 2014, 03:47:02 AM »
      8)   Great looking bow let us now how she is  ;D 

Offline chuckrudy

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Apr 04, 2014, 06:58:18 AM »
nice
no information

Offline hickgtx600f4

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: Apr 04, 2014, 11:00:30 AM »
Sweet lookin bow !!

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #6 on: Apr 04, 2014, 01:33:07 PM »
Nice looking bow, Everyone seems to really like the Elites once they shoot one. Now you just need to find a spot that has a few deer ;D.

Offline hesseltine32

• 12 Pointer
  • Run and Gun
« Reply #7 on: Apr 04, 2014, 01:57:39 PM »
Nice looking set up. I like the elite bows a lot think they are going to become part of the big 3 here in the next few years.
Have to get ride of the Martin when brackett became there new poster boy  ;D

Did sword switch from the twist to push lights on there site one thing I didn't like about mine was it was a turn and came on all the time.

Offline tubeslinger

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #8 on: Apr 04, 2014, 05:11:47 PM »
Thanks everyone. Put about 50 shot through it today. Real solid backwall and fast. I am shooting it right now with no string silencers and its still pretty darn quite. I will be shooting a good bit at Techno hunting and 3D shoots this year in the down time.

Now you just need to find a spot that has a few deer ;D.
Your telling me. ;D ;D

Did sword switch from the twist to push lights on there site one thing I didn't like about mine was it was a turn and came on all the time.
No its still a twist to turn on deal. Hopefully that does not become an issue seems to take a good bit to turn it on. That may change after using it a while though.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal