MHF US Midwest > Hunting Michigan Lower

This whole youth hunt thing

(1/6) > >>

REALITYCHECK:
Right out of the blocks I am going to say it. This push for the youth to get involved, makes me want to puke. Instead of the DNR saying "Get kids involved or the sport of hunting will disappear". They should be honest and say, " Please get your kids involved, so our main revenue stream will not diminish." Is taking a kid hunting all about getting the kids involved? Or is it just a ploy to keep your sport "alive". And do the 10 year old hunters actually know why we hunt? Or is it just cool because dad or mom does it?

Enough ranting. Lets talk general facts. Those of us who are currently hunting....say 30 and up...ish. Did not receive free extra bonus hunts to get us "hooked" on hunting. What ever happened to taking a kid small game hunting? Oh that is right. There is less money to be made in small game hunting.

My opinion. Let's get the DNR to stop going for quantity. And start focusing on QUALITY!!! The DNR is balancing there books on MI deer herd.

bogmanjr:
 :-\    I took all my kids so I didn't have to worry about them riding skate boards through traffic, tripping over the crotch of their pants and doing all the rest of the evil things that occur "down town". Your right though, never had a "special hunt", wish I did. May have had a few more guy's my age involved back then.
Not sure on your motive here but there is no way I'll ever be convinced that taking a kid hunting and fishing is a Bad thing.

drobertsinMaryland:
Really? I cant believe someone actually posted this. Sounds like someone is worried about a kid shooting a deer they have their eye on. I am 30 years old and there was a youth day when I was a kid. As a matter of fact this year MD is giving the youth two days this season. You know what I say? Great let them have at it.

Raquettedacker:
Its obvious that REALITYCHECK has a problem with the Michigan DNR...   He has been a member since 2007 and only has 2 posts and both are putting down the DNR....

I say let the kids hunt....................................

daddyx2:
The sport of hunting will disappear if we don't hand the tradition down through the blood lines. Every kid I know is excited for youth day because of the parent time as well as trying something new that the books in school just don't have chapters on. Hunting teaches kids life lessons as well as putting food on the table. Self resourcefulness respect and courtesy (if taught the way I was). This is the most absurd post I've ever seen. Not a good first post, kind of makes everything else you have to say tainted (with bs) next time its not a good idea to have your first post just to stir the pot.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version