Author Topic: Red Pee....  (Read 3110 times)

Offline zwiggles

• Forked
Red Pee....
« on: Dec 10, 2019, 12:58:41 PM »
Out in the snow this past weekend, and noticed what looked to be odd colored urine at a lot of the bed sites. I thought it may have been blood, but my male mind couldn’t figure it out. I also thought it could just be dehydration as it was almost brown at these older beds. At the end of the day I found a very fresh bed, and another pee spot that was clearly red and looked like blood....

Then the next day it hit me. This might be part of the female biology, and this was a female deer going into heat again of for the first time? If so I’m assuming that’s why we saw what appeared to be a good size bucks sign lurking around the females bed sites?

It seems pretty obvious to me, but you know what happens when you assume....

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
Re: Red Pee....
« Reply #1 on: Dec 10, 2019, 01:08:21 PM »
Inbred does and 30% of fawns will go into heat now if the hot a certain weight. Although the piss will do that with a diet change like they are going through right now it most likely is a hot Doe and you’d be smart to find her and mirror her
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #2 on: Dec 10, 2019, 01:18:24 PM »
Unbred* :o

Offline zwiggles

• Forked
« Reply #3 on: Dec 10, 2019, 01:30:23 PM »
Thanks AA, and that’s the plan. I sent some arrows down range and feel confident I can take a close shot. Next year I think it’s time to put away the rods early and get back into archery more.

My “hand me down” Hoyt is getting some tired, but I haven’t done enough archery the past few years to justify a new one. I need to practice more and get more confidence. Last thing I want to do is take a poor shot and doom a deer to a slow death.

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #4 on: Dec 10, 2019, 01:40:08 PM »
Yep, once you get sick in the head enough about it like me you stop fishing completely by mid August lol

I try to shoot a quivers worth after work each night it’s all you need

What Hoyt do you have?

I am running a Carbon spyder 30 still from 2014, she’s got fresh strings and cables though

Offline zwiggles

• Forked
« Reply #5 on: Dec 10, 2019, 02:09:39 PM »
I will look when I get home, but it’s gotta be 15 years old if not more. I took the archery course as a poor college kid, and my uncle got me a full set up used from a friend of his for $40. Had a target, release, arrows, broad heads, everything I needed to get started. As luck would have it we were similar in size and build and it works well for me.

I enjoyed it a lot for a few years. Used to go into the stand after class and read my homework. Then I started working for a living, moved out west etc and lost interest. But I think my dad is going to give it a go next year, and I can feel the addiction coming back already.

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #6 on: Dec 10, 2019, 02:18:51 PM »
Nice!

Offline Huntnfish603

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #7 on: Dec 10, 2019, 04:44:02 PM »
Agree with Frank. If you've found that sign of hot does, Get in that area and stay put. I havent come across that lately, but I would use the last days staying close to them. Those bucks will be looking for a last how-do-ya-do.  ;D
Good luck.

Offline zwiggles

• Forked
« Reply #8 on: Dec 10, 2019, 08:32:19 PM »
So I looked at the bow, and as near as I can tell it’s a hoyt redline mmt? I’ll take a picture of it tomorrow once we get our power back.
« Last Edit: Dec 10, 2019, 08:48:53 PM by zwiggles »

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #9 on: Dec 10, 2019, 08:38:53 PM »
Ohhhh yea I remember those, Reflex made them one of Hoyts child companies I guess you’d call it, had deer tracks cut into the riser.

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #10 on: Dec 10, 2019, 08:42:27 PM »
Yep googled it, just like I remembered, for the year I’m picturing anyway

Offline zwiggles

• Forked
« Reply #11 on: Dec 10, 2019, 08:55:48 PM »
Yep googled it, just like I remembered, for the year I’m picturing anyway

Man I butchered some of the spelling in the last post. But here’s a few pictures of it:

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #12 on: Dec 10, 2019, 09:06:35 PM »
Loll yes you did! I remember those though too. Damn auto correct.

The Hoyt Magnatec was my first compound. Took a lot of deer with it, bought it in 2002. Before that I used a recurve bow. Sold my Magnatec and bout a Katera, which I still think is one of Hoyts finest bows they made ended up selling that after many kills too and now have a Carbon spyder 30.

Offline zwiggles

• Forked
« Reply #13 on: Dec 16, 2019, 03:11:46 PM »
Well did my last “sit” yesterday morning. The wind made it feel more like a swing, and I got out of the stand quickly when the wind picked up.

I had to work Saturday and of course had a few does go by my stand that afternoon. Not sure if I would have shot one as we have had some nice horns on camera and I was hoping to run into them.

Although nothing went down for me this year, I saw more deer than any year before, had a ton of snow tracking in the snow with my old man, and I have already started to plan out some prep work for next year.

Thanks to everyone for answering my dumb questions and helping get the fire going again on hunting.

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #14 on: Dec 16, 2019, 04:06:59 PM »
Good season pal!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal