Author Topic: Butcher Shop  (Read 2645 times)

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
Butcher Shop
« on: Jul 27, 2020, 03:25:30 PM »
Finally! After moving from my Beloved home state of New Hampshire to the Great state of Maine in spring of 2017 I got a new Butcher shop built in the yard like I’m useto in NH, includes electric Winch up the middle open part of loft, 1.75 horse meat grinder, vacuum sealer, cutting table from a renovating Hannaford etc! Back to business here. Took a extra 2 years after a broken back, paving the drivewaY, putting in central air, new ATV and plow, just building period etc lol but glad to be comfortable again. Finished her this week

« Last Edit: Jul 27, 2020, 03:25:54 PM by aquaassassin »
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
Re: Butcher Shop
« Reply #1 on: Jul 27, 2020, 03:26:53 PM »
Going to run power my next day off if I get one

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #2 on: Jul 27, 2020, 05:01:14 PM »
Sweet butcher shack buddy..  I bet it gets put to good use.....
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline zwiggles

• Forked
« Reply #3 on: Jul 27, 2020, 08:14:24 PM »
That looks sweet! Any pics of the inside, or are you waiting for the action pics?

Offline benny8

• Forked
« Reply #4 on: Jul 28, 2020, 02:46:42 AM »
Great Job Frank! Nothing like killing and processing your own meat! My girls spoiled me a couple Christmas' ago with a Cabelas Carnivore Meat Grinder and Commercial Food Sealer. Got put to use last year! When you get her all dressed up inside, like to see some pics!

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #5 on: Jul 28, 2020, 04:45:25 AM »
That looks sweet! Any pics of the inside, or are you waiting for the action pics?

Ah yes, that will be down the road

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #6 on: Jul 28, 2020, 04:45:52 AM »
Great Job Frank! Nothing like killing and processing your own meat! My girls spoiled me a couple Christmas' ago with a Cabelas Carnivore Meat Grinder and Commercial Food Sealer. Got put to use last year! When you get her all dressed up inside, like to see some pics!

Will do!

Offline CAPTJJ

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Bowhunter
    • Rod Bender Charters, Lake George, NY
« Reply #7 on: Jul 28, 2020, 04:33:10 PM »
That's awesome Frank, looks like a nice set up. I need to get a shed for storage built behind my house... when I get a chance.
Its always archery season. >>>---------->
Hybrid longbow in hand.

Offline Huntnfish603

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #8 on: Jul 30, 2020, 05:15:52 PM »
Nice Frank. Lovin it.
It's sooo nice to have a good setup right at your own place. I miss my butcher setup in my last house, kind of like what you got. Only thing is, everyone wants to bring their deer over when you got a sweet setup like that....lol
Like you, I moved and been a bunch of years now, and I just haven't got around to it. Too many other projects.
I just been cuttin em in the basement until I can build a separate butcher building, complete with walk in freezer if I can swing it. Nothin like stickin a deer in September when it's 75, and you gotta rush home and get er cut before it spoils.
For the time being though, i did add a separate cool room in the corner though, with modified air conditioners that will run continuously. Downside is I find that setup tends to dry out the meat, but it works for what it is and better than hanging it out in the heat.
Anyway, enjoy it Frank. Nice setup. I'm jealous.  ;)

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #9 on: Jul 30, 2020, 05:36:49 PM »
Thanks Jason! This will have 2 A/C’s ( can’t see bc on backside.)

Lollll you are so right though, like clockwork guys will be looking to hang  ;D

Offline lv2hunt

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #10 on: Aug 04, 2020, 08:53:48 AM »
nice job Frank maybe retirement job right there i can see the sign at the end of the driveway Frank's fine meats..lol

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #11 on: Aug 04, 2020, 10:08:04 AM »
Lmao! That was def considered. 2 deer a day 3 days a week at prices you can get now 150 bucks etc and still plenty of time to hunt even on cut days

Offline benny8

• Forked
« Reply #12 on: Aug 05, 2020, 09:57:15 AM »
I considered a cool bot for an air conditioner and building an insulated walk in cooler. Then I decided on an old beer fridge. Removed all the shelving and made a rack. I hung my 185 lb buck and my wife's 130 lb doe. I quartered them out and wrapped in saran wrap. Id work on a couple quarters an evening after work. It cost me nothing, which fits the budget. ;D

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #13 on: Aug 05, 2020, 10:41:57 AM »
Perfect! I considered that route as well I’m always coming across fridges I could hang a pole in but wanted a lot more room

Offline Adrock

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #14 on: Aug 17, 2020, 06:03:07 AM »
Looks great! I've been thinking about getting an electric winch just need to figure out how to mount it to the main beam in the garage. I'm going to look for an old fridge that I can take shelves out of to hang quarters in the early season.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal