Author Topic: Upstate NY Coon Hunting  (Read 8023 times)

Offline upstatenyhunter

• Nubbie
Upstate NY Coon Hunting
« on: Sep 27, 2011, 07:33:54 AM »
Well i grew up coon hunting and finally have my own pup who's just starting.  I'm having a hard time finding places to hunt as i dont know a lot of farmers or people who own land in the area.  I live in the Plattsburgh NY area and am looking to see if there are any coon hunters near me so maybe we could get together.  Hope to hear from you.  GL hunting in the meantime...

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
Re: Upstate NY Coon Hunting
« Reply #1 on: Sep 27, 2011, 07:39:15 AM »
Welcome to the site................     Not a coon hunter but some one on here might be.....   Nice user name ...  You can be junior upstate cus we have a Senior upstate..... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D    Hope you have a great season........
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #2 on: Sep 27, 2011, 07:41:54 AM »
Welcome, Had a few hounds over the years. Just Beagle's right now though.
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
  • Beware, the Ghost Deer are going to get you!!!!
« Reply #3 on: Sep 27, 2011, 07:45:02 AM »
Try local fish and game clubs, even contact DEC officers for information.  I know there are quite a few Beagle and coon hound hunting clubs in the adirondacks.
Tresspassing on my land is bad, Tresspassing on my land with an ATV will get you shot!

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #4 on: Sep 27, 2011, 01:27:14 PM »
Not a lot of people who hunt raccoon any more....But you might find a few at the local fish and game club...or someone who knows someone.....
Now rabbits with hounds...there are still quite a few. Even a few clubs left around....Good luck findingsomeone to go and welcome to the site....Jr. Upstate... ;) ;D ;D ;D

Offline upstatenyhunter

• Nubbie
« Reply #5 on: Sep 27, 2011, 05:14:25 PM »
Thanks for all of the replies.  I'm starting to notice not a lot of people hunt raccoon around here anymore.  Thats probly have the problem with them running all of the place and being killed in the roads all the time now.  I know a lot of hunters about an hour and a half from here, just dont wanna travel that far to hunt every night.  I also know there are quite a few UKC and PKC hunts taking place just under an hour from here, so I thought that might draw a few more hunters back.

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #6 on: Sep 27, 2011, 05:58:34 PM »
This was a great old Plott............

" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline gotabig1

• Forked
« Reply #7 on: Nov 18, 2011, 01:43:05 AM »
Hey upstate how you making out w/ the coons? I dont have a dog , but I tag along w/ my cousin and his Black and Tan a couple days a week and we've done well.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal