Author Topic: Funny Hunting Stories  (Read 12542 times)

Offline OTIS

• 8 Pointer
Funny Hunting Stories
« on: Oct 13, 2011, 08:07:35 AM »
Reading the muzzle loader thread reminded me of this story.  An old buddy of mine was saving some cash for a rainy day, but couldn’t find a place that his wife wouldn’t find.  Every time he stashed a couple bucks away, she’d find it.  So he rolled up a couple hundred dollar bills and stuck them in the end of his shotgun barrel.  Since it was only two bills they didn’t make a plug in the barrel.  Sure enough he forgot about it and when we went rabbit hunting that winter, he pulled up on a rabbit and fired.  It looked like confetti flying through the air and he instantly knew what had happened.  We laughed for a long time.  That was one expensive rabbit!

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
Re: Funny Hunting Stories
« Reply #1 on: Oct 13, 2011, 08:12:29 AM »
I would have cried, I guess at that point all you can do is laugh right? Wouldn't do any good to do otherwise.
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline loonyone

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Oct 13, 2011, 08:21:09 AM »
omg that is awful and hysterical at the same time.......poof......thats an expensive shot!!!! got to love it

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #3 on: Oct 13, 2011, 08:55:43 AM »
I can't decide if that's funny or tragic, I'm going with both.

Years ago my uncle, father and friends used to reload 12ga shells in bulk. I guess they would occasionally forget to put powder in one. So while rabbit hunting someone would shoot one of the duds and the shot would just role out the end of the barrel, good for quite a laugh.

Another one of their stories that always makes me laugh when I think about it was this one. My uncle was never good with camo face paint, so one morning he had his friend do it for him before heading into the woods. He spent all day in the ADK woods hunting until dusk. When he got back to the car the whole group started rolling on the ground laughing at him. So he looks in the car mirror and finds out he spent all day looking like a camouflaged clown. He said "No wonder those guys I ran into were acting so weird, they probably thought I was a freaking psycho."  ;D. I can just imagine the story from the side of the guys he saw in the woods.

Offline loonyone

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Oct 13, 2011, 09:21:44 AM »
well pretty much that same thing happened to me with the war paint........ :-[ ..It was my first time out last May 1 2010.  I didn't have a mask for turkey hunting so the guys that were trying to teach me said I needed face paint in camo.. :-[ :-[ ...I tried to put it on with  so much laughing cause I was embarrassed that I didn't get much on and I thought they were joking with me.. :-* :-* ...(I am always playing pranks on them so I was a little hesitant to agree to put it on  ;D ;D ;D ) anyways the one guy decided I didn't have enough on and that I would glow in the dark to a turkey so he made me put more on.  Well I let him do it and what a mistake that was.. :-\ :-\ ...he wrote the word across my forehead S H (blankety) T and circled my mouth....all in black and the rest in green and tan.....well the black stood out so anyone I met along the way or friends that would stop to introduce themselves just laughed or stared... ;D ;D ;D....and leave laughing...I really thought they were laughing cause a girl in the woods and I hear more laughing amongst the guys teaching me and the friends who stopped to introduce themselves throughout the morning.   :o :o :o :o anyways its breakfast time and we go to a small dive to eat and much more laughter and stares as we go into eat (these guys know everyone and I know no one) so I decide it is time to go to the bathroom and what do I see (after forgetting I have it on) was a sheetthole (misspelled on purpose) .............OMG I COULD HAVE KILLED THEM...... >:( >:( >:( >:( ......but i laughed and laughed and laughed. ;D ;D ;D ;D ..guess I got my just deserve! and I am still laughing to this day.   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline huntny30

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: Oct 13, 2011, 09:25:02 AM »
Those are all very funny and brilliant... :D
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."
John Wayne

Offline loonyone

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #6 on: Oct 13, 2011, 09:28:29 AM »
i wouldnt say he was brilliant but it was funny......pay back is a beeeeecch

Offline loonyone

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #7 on: Oct 13, 2011, 08:32:46 PM »
102 year old man is having his annual checkup. The doctor says "how are you feeling?".

"I've never felt better," he replies. "I've got an nineteen year old bride who's pregnant with my child. What do you think about that?"

The doctor thinks for a moment and says, "Let me tell you a story. I know a guy who's an avid hunter. He never misses a season but one day he's in a bit of a hurry and accidentally grabs his umbrella instead of his gun. So, he's walking in the woods near a creek and suddenly spots a beaver in some brush in front of him. He raises his umbrella, points it at the beaver, squeezes the handle, and BAM! the beaver drops dead in front of him."

"That's impossible," said the old man in disbelief, "someone else must have shot that beaver!"

"Exactly", said the doctor.

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #8 on: Oct 13, 2011, 08:34:55 PM »
 :o

LOL

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #9 on: Oct 13, 2011, 08:41:36 PM »
Oh............................................... 8) ::)
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #10 on: Oct 13, 2011, 08:51:55 PM »
lol

Offline loonyone

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #11 on: Oct 14, 2011, 02:31:00 PM »
not a hunting but funny
During a ride in a taxicab, the rider touched the driver on the shoulder to ask him a question.

Upon the touch, the cab driver flinched, screamed, then went into a panic and almost wrecked the cab. Finally the driver got control and pulled to side of road.

Still shaking, he turned to his rider and apologized. He said, "Sorry about that. This is my first day as a cab driver. For the past 20 years I have driven a hearse".

Offline lewk24

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #12 on: Oct 14, 2011, 03:16:24 PM »
haha all these are hilarious.

Luke

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #13 on: Oct 14, 2011, 04:15:31 PM »
Nice!

Offline Giovanni

• Nubbie
« Reply #14 on: Dec 15, 2011, 11:53:05 PM »
It was late flintlock season and it was about 20 degrees. Me and my dad were on our way out so i decided to stop and take a dump. i decided to burn the paper instead of burrying it for the warmth of the fire. i Managed to get about half of my clothes on at the time when i heard a friend on the radio telling us he jumped a deer. i ran over to my gun and got ready. i was wearing under armour pants and my outer pants were around my ankles and i had just a lite coat on. with the fire burning and me standing in the open with my black pants contrasting with the snow the deer arrived. he came twenty yards from me. i pulled the trigger only to see one lone spark fall to the ground. i recocked the hammer and tried again but to no avail. the little buck left and i began getting dressed again and rewarming with the little fire that was still burning. everytime i go to that spot i remember the one i almost got with my pants on the ground.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal