Author Topic: Pop up Ground Blinds  (Read 5542 times)

Offline ActiveTrapChecker

• Forked
Pop up Ground Blinds
« on: Sep 27, 2023, 07:52:48 PM »
Does anyone have a strong opinion one way or another on using popup ground blinds? I have a few ladder stands on a farm I hunt but opening weekend I spend out of town on state land. Drag carry in a climber because I really enjoy the vantage point.

But it would be easier and more mobile if I went with a ground blind. I loose the bird eyes view but it would be less work and less sweat (so warmer) if I go with a popup.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts

Offline CAPTJJ

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Bowhunter
    • Rod Bender Charters, Lake George, NY
Re: Pop up Ground Blinds
« Reply #1 on: Sep 27, 2023, 09:17:15 PM »
For turkey hunting yes, they don't usually even notice the blind. For deer I prefer to make them out if sticks, logs and brush. With a pop up, they will notice it every time it seems... unless you set it out ahead of time and leave it, or brush it in good and hope they don't notice. If you want to be mobile, get a small stool and find a good hiding spot on the ground, and maybe add some burlap, camo netting, etc.
Its always archery season. >>>---------->
Hybrid longbow in hand.

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #2 on: Sep 28, 2023, 02:09:30 PM »
Has anyone seen the adds for the see through blinds? You can see through the whole thing from inside but can’t see in from the outside..
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

• Forked
« Reply #3 on: Sep 28, 2023, 07:14:52 PM »
Thanks for insights Capt. JJ. I always wondered how it wouldn’t be the same with a climber sticking out the side of a tree.

Dacker, never heard of that but I did see a mirror blind, which would reflect the surrounding area

• Forked
« Reply #4 on: Sep 28, 2023, 08:28:47 PM »
They are pretty neat

HUNT MONSTER Hunting Blind 2-3 Person with Tri-Leg Hunting Stool, 270 Degree See Through Pop up Ground Blinds for Deer Turkey Duck Hunting, Bow Hunting Adjust Windows with Silent Zipper https://a.co/d/i4ixRik

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #5 on: Sep 29, 2023, 12:06:13 PM »
Yeah that’s the one I was looking at…
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline lv2hunt

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #6 on: Oct 02, 2023, 09:00:26 AM »
JJ hit the nail on the head using a popup blind for deer you need to put out well in advance the deer will definitely notice it every time ( ask me how i know  ;D) your better off trying to find a good spot on the ground with good cover i usually like small hemlocks if i cant get off the ground.

• Forked
« Reply #7 on: Oct 03, 2023, 07:47:06 AM »
Thanks for the feedback everyone. Given the fact that it’s only for opening weekend, on public land out of town, I am going to stick with the climber.

If it was insulated, I may have given it a chance then used it ice fishing. But, I’ll stick to my Eskimo for that!

Good luck this season everyone!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal