Author Topic: anybody pumped for bear season??  (Read 3022 times)

Offline wyolipripper

• Nubbie
anybody pumped for bear season??
« on: Mar 04, 2009, 08:27:54 PM »
not too far away-  i cant wait  anyone else gettn ready?????

Offline knurren

• 6 Pointer
  • New Hampshire's alright if you like fighting!
Re: anybody pumped for bear season??
« Reply #1 on: Mar 04, 2009, 09:15:58 PM »
Bear season doesn't begin in NH until Sept.  To be honest, I'm very excited.  It will be my first bear season and I'm told it can be addictive.  Maybe not as much as turkey season, but having black bears come into the bait site is pretty exciting.  I won a hunt in a raffle with a guide here in NH, and I'm pretty excited to go on this trip.  As much as I'd like to take my first bear with a bow, I know better and will have my rifle with me.  lol

Offline MountainMan

• Forked
  • The Painter
    • Zach Even Art
« Reply #2 on: Mar 05, 2009, 11:40:04 AM »
I've been toying with the idea of hunting bear since discovering what appeared to be a bear mecca last archery season. I'm definitely ready for turkey season though!

Offline wyolipripper

• Nubbie
« Reply #3 on: Mar 05, 2009, 09:17:14 PM »
u should definitely do it-  all you need is a barrel and some old food of sorts.   It is an amazing rush having a bear in close.
plus everyone needs a bear rug on the wall.

Offline minnowguy

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Mar 11, 2009, 03:04:47 AM »
Well I got my 2 sites reregistered yesterday gotta wait for the snow to melt now so I can get in. Couldnt even get close to my area last year.

Offline wyolipripper

• Nubbie
« Reply #5 on: Mar 11, 2009, 09:38:37 AM »
good to minnowguy,  the snow actually helps me out in the early season-  I take my barrels, tree stands and food in with the sleds-  then I have to turn to snow shoes when the snow is too wet for snowmobiles.- what county are you hunting in?

Offline minnowguy

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #6 on: Mar 11, 2009, 01:22:42 PM »
good to minnowguy,  the snow actually helps me out in the early season-  I take my barrels, tree stands and food in with the sleds-  then I have to turn to snow shoes when the snow is too wet for snowmobiles.- what county are you hunting in?
Big Horns, I have only one way to get in and I have to start at a high elevation then drop down low, Usally there is lots of snow and then no snow. Way to far to walk, a set of tracks on the atv would be nice to have, hard to justify the cost for just that though. Where do you hunt at?

Offline wyolipripper

• Nubbie
« Reply #7 on: Mar 17, 2009, 01:34:24 PM »
i hunt over in teton county but am adding a bait in lincoln county this year.  ive done a little bbing in the bighorns as well.  are you in buff or sheridan
good luck

Offline popeyoung

• Fawn
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2009, 12:35:27 AM »
I've been toying with the idea of hunting bear since discovering what appeared to be a bear mecca last archery season. I'm definitely ready for turkey season though!

Big Zack,  You really need to see if the bear mecca you found has been registereed to another hunter.  From visiting with you at the club during lunch it was a big bear.  Get a hold of the GF and see if that square mile has been registered by another hunter.  If the site is available, or one near it  I will help you set up a site, I have a ranger with tracks, a snowmobile, and whatever else we should need.  I got my bait put innn this last weekend .  There was no  bait , but a boar had already walked through the snow to check it out, so I am hoping that I will get hem back ASAP.  It is like a little kid at christmsas. you just don't know what is going to show up.  It is a blast.  let me know How I can  help.  Dan

Offline POk3s

• 6 Pointer
  • Spike Killer!
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2009, 05:15:25 PM »
I already missed one and seen a sow and two cubs. Still can't believe I missed. The sow was brown along with one cub and the other cub was black. The boar i missed was jet back.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 03:02:13 PM by POk3s »
Trent Williams

Offline MountainMan

• Forked
  • The Painter
    • Zach Even Art
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2009, 10:24:49 PM »
Dan, nice to see you here! Hard saying if I'd ever see that monster again, but there are a lot of bears in the area. I appreciate the offer and will let you know what I find out. May not have much time this spring to chase a bear though. Probably dedicating too much time to finding that big Laker. By the way, got a nice one Friday and will post a pic or two on MFF sometime this week ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal