Author Topic: THANK YOU  (Read 2765 times)

Offline toguetaker

• Nubbie
THANK YOU
« on: Nov 10, 2006, 09:59:45 AM »

I would like take a second and thank all of the fire arms safety instructors who visit this site. With out you guys/gals my son would not have been able to harvest his first deer this year. We both took the course this Oct. at a local rod and gun club. It was a good refresher for me and also a good course for my son. I have a very long hunting tradition ion my family and my son has been hunting since he was 10 (he is 16 now) I have been extremely hard on him about safety and being a good outdoorsman and yet we were both taught something in this course. Once again thanks go out to the volunteers who take time away from their family's and hunting time to help others.

FrankM

Re: THANK YOU
« Reply #1 on: Nov 10, 2006, 01:53:53 PM »
I agree with you.  When my son went for his archery and firearms safety courses I attended with him. The classes were very informative and I really appreciate those instructors donating their time and doing such a good job. I can think of no better way to spend 10 hours than listening to someone talk about hunting with your son (exept actually hunting with your son).

Offline archbishop

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Nov 12, 2006, 10:46:40 AM »
its amazing how an instructor can teach, i remember (barely) 19 years ago when i took my hunter safety course, it was so dry, almost like it was being taught by ben stein in ferris buellers day off :-\ i didnt retain any of that crap he taught, then i took my bow course a few years back, it was great, the kids got involved, adults were learning new things, the instructors were awsome and kept everything entertaining and helped people stay interested for 10 hours. a big kudos to all the instuctors, especially the ones that make it exciting and fun to learn!

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Nov 12, 2006, 08:08:15 PM »
I finally took the course last year.  (18 years wasted - kicks self).  All four instructors were definitely there because they cared.  All of them were willing to take time after class and during lunch to talk to the attendees, and no question was considered too dumb.  I wish I could always say the same for some of the students.
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal