Author Topic: Best/Favorite Deer LURES for Trailcam  (Read 4982 times)

Offline Rebelfisher

• 6 Pointer
  • Kill Many Things!!
Best/Favorite Deer LURES for Trailcam
« on: Mar 19, 2009, 08:00:25 PM »
last year was my first time "baiting" deer into the trail cam...i used a salt lick with corn and some apples...just wondering what everyone else uses for this? any suggestions? etc?
If its BROWN...Its DOWN!!!      If it FLYS...It DIES!!!

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
Re: Best/Favorite Deer LURES for Trailcam
« Reply #1 on: Mar 20, 2009, 05:40:23 AM »

Last year I set mine up in a spot where a tree fell on a wire fence and the deer were useing it to cross over...No bait needed..
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #2 on: Mar 20, 2009, 09:25:10 AM »
  I have used a good amount products and certain products seem to work better at different times of the year. In the spring through late summer the calcium blocks work real well. I use a big apple flavor block. I also use an acorn block and the Deer Cain blocks. The bucks really come to them in the spring for their antler development. Does like it as well and will bring there fawns to them once they are born. As for corn I don not know of any deer that does not like it. The problem with that is it gets rather expensive if you do not have a feeder. Plus the raccoons devastate it when I put it out so that does not help matters. I have tried acorn rage and cmere deer in the fall & winter with no luck at all. I my opinion those products are crap. That being said here are a few pics.

Offline Rebelfisher

• 6 Pointer
  • Kill Many Things!!
« Reply #3 on: Mar 20, 2009, 07:01:14 PM »
nice pics....i have a moultrie feeder and fill it with corn, but there one problem...CROWS!    I will get 35 pics in one day and 32 of them will be crows..thats why i wanted to try something other than corn! Maybe I just have to take care of the crow population!  ;)

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #4 on: Mar 21, 2009, 10:42:41 AM »
nice pics....i have a moultrie feeder and fill it with corn, but there one problem...CROWS!    I will get 35 pics in one day and 32 of them will be crows..thats why i wanted to try something other than corn! Maybe I just have to take care of the crow population!  ;)
Thanks. I would be breaking out my .22 cal and doing some crow management :).

Offline Rebelfisher

• 6 Pointer
  • Kill Many Things!!
« Reply #5 on: Mar 21, 2009, 04:07:47 PM »
i think thats what we're gonna do...big pile of corn in the field and sit in my blind!  watch...just on spite a herd of deer will walk to it and feed!

Offline brace

• 10 Pointer
  • Is it Friday yet??
« Reply #6 on: Apr 01, 2009, 01:55:08 PM »
Greetings All,

I'm new to this site and thought I would add a couple of pics.  I've been using a trail cam for 3 years now and have over 400 pics cataloged.  Here's a couple from last November - Unfortunately none on them came out during daylight   >:(

Hopefully the last 2 will be back this year. 
   Nil Carborundum Illigetimi

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #7 on: Apr 01, 2009, 02:03:03 PM »
Greetings All,

I'm new to this site and thought I would add a couple of pics.  I've been using a trail cam for 3 years now and have over 400 pics cataloged.  Here's a couple from last November - Unfortunately none on them came out during daylight   >:(

Hopefully the last 2 will be back this year. 
Nice pics and welcome to the site. Your right the last two should be awesome this coming season 8).

Offline SLED_NECK

• Forked
  • Shoot em again he's still runnin with 3 legs
« Reply #8 on: Apr 01, 2009, 05:49:13 PM »
i just use some of that mineral that we use for our beef cattle its a substitute for something i dont remember, but it seems to get the job done plus its only like 8 bucks a bag at fleet farm.

[IMG]

Offline Stuck-on-Seven

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #9 on: Apr 01, 2009, 09:51:03 PM »
i use apples usually just because my uncle has a few trees that always produce TONS of crappy apples for people but deer love em....also ive used buck/doe urine and different scents....ive heard nothing but good reports though from those salt and mineral blocks though. here are some pics

Hes eating the apples but the light messed with the pic so you cant see em that well

better pic nice spike

Offline SWEDE

• Forked
  • I grunt, therfore I am.
« Reply #10 on: Apr 02, 2009, 02:35:42 PM »
CMERE DEER PRODUCED ZERO RESPONSE!  I watched it go untouched and watched several deer    buck,doe, fawn. walk by it with no interest.
I remember every day i hunt or fish. The rest of the days I...uh...umm.. musta done something else.

Offline SLED_NECK

• Forked
  • Shoot em again he's still runnin with 3 legs
« Reply #11 on: Apr 02, 2009, 06:21:05 PM »
CMERE DEER PRODUCED ZERO RESPONSE!  I watched it go untouched and watched several deer    buck,doe, fawn. walk by it with no interest.
i put one of those acorn rage blocks out the ones you screw in to the tree it went real slow i put it out in Sept. and left it out all winter i finally remembered that i had put it out and went and checked it yesterday and it wasabout 3/4gonewhich i think was from the rain and the snow melt, but my uncle used it over on a corn plantion and he couldnt keep enough of it out there, i think its just where you put it .

[IMG]

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal