Author Topic: Honey bees!  (Read 6232 times)

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
  • Beware, the Ghost Deer are going to get you!!!!
Honey bees!
« on: Sep 20, 2010, 06:23:52 AM »
I went to check on my ladder stand Saturday that over looks a really nice clover field. When I got to the stand I hear this loud humming sound. When I looked up, there was a huge honey bee nest built just above the stand in the tree! I was a little upset because that tree was the optimum spot overlooking the field. Well using patience, a 12 foot pruning saw, and my bee whispering skills, I managed to get the ratchet straps undone and the ladder stand down. I moved it about 40 yards over to another tree but now I got to go back and do some tree trimming to open up some shot paths behind and to the side of the stand. I didn't want to disturb or kill the honey bees because they are getting so rare now.
Tresspassing on my land is bad, Tresspassing on my land with an ATV will get you shot!

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
Re: Honey bees!
« Reply #1 on: Sep 20, 2010, 06:52:51 AM »
To bad about the stand site Roy, but kudos for not trying to eradicate them. Your right they are getting scarce, saw a lot of apple trees the last few years
that had loads of blossoms, but never had an apple.

Offline pyle

• Forked
« Reply #2 on: Sep 20, 2010, 08:03:36 AM »
To bad about the stand site Roy, but kudos for not trying to eradicate them. Your right they are getting scarce, saw a lot of apple trees the last few years
that had loads of blossoms, but never had an apple.

We have an old orchard with about 200 trees in it where I hunt. Not a single apple to be seen.(not true maybe one or two here and there) Trees look great,full of life but no apples. We had a hard frost in May also that didn't help it either :'(

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #3 on: Sep 20, 2010, 10:47:46 AM »
Just for future reference if you did it a night they are not very active or agressive.
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Sep 20, 2010, 11:14:15 AM »
Just for future reference if you did it a night they are not very active or agressive.

I know that, I use to raise bees for years, Its just I only had saturday afternoon to work with.
Tresspassing on my land is bad, Tresspassing on my land with an ATV will get you shot!

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #5 on: Sep 20, 2010, 11:21:00 AM »
Ok Then,I was just trying to help.
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #6 on: Sep 20, 2010, 12:20:31 PM »
Ok Then,I was just trying to help.

I know.   I appreciate it.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal