Author Topic: An Old Friend(Bow)  (Read 5811 times)

Offline CAPTJJ

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Bowhunter
    • Rod Bender Charters, Lake George, NY
Re: An Old Friend(Bow)
« Reply #15 on: Mar 26, 2013, 11:30:25 AM »
I like the knotless loops, they aren't coming untied, last forever and they are rigid, which makes it easy to hook the release on when in a hurry. Have some newer ones but the loops are too small and they don't fot around the center serving; might try making my own, pretty easy, just need some string material, have the serving. I serve in my drop-away cord with halo serving and serve above, holds in place but can be adjusted in needed.

« Last Edit: Mar 26, 2013, 11:31:07 AM by CAPTJJ »
Its always archery season. >>>---------->
Hybrid longbow in hand.

Offline hesseltine32

• 12 Pointer
  • Run and Gun
« Reply #16 on: Mar 26, 2013, 12:50:03 PM »
I like them too alot stiffer then the tied and like you said easier to find in the heat of the moment.  Little more of a pain to put on but its worth it and way less change of failing. I started putting a wade of wax on them and it clinches it down better.

Offline CAPTJJ

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: Mar 27, 2013, 12:45:52 PM »
Can now film with either bow, didn't add much weight, main reason I stayed with the same mount. These cameras are pretty cheap now, its the "old" model, the newer one has a problem when shooting with the lens; will probably get some use if I have to leave the blind to hike to the birds.

Hybrid longbow in hand.

Offline maineduckhunter

• 12 Pointer
  • 2008 8 pt.
« Reply #18 on: Mar 27, 2013, 12:52:00 PM »
Is that just a camera phone? This is the camera I am looking into buying to mount on my bow.
http://store.contour.com/ae/us/contourroam2/icat/contourroam2

Offline CAPTJJ

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: Mar 27, 2013, 01:21:06 PM »
I use the Kodak Playsport ZX3, the ZX5 has the problem I mentioned.

That camera looks like it would be nice, really light; as long as it can handle the shock of the bow.
Hybrid longbow in hand.

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #20 on: Mar 27, 2013, 03:08:02 PM »
Great looking set up...
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #21 on: Mar 27, 2013, 03:29:18 PM »
I use the Kodak Playsport ZX3, the ZX5 has the problem I mentioned.

That camera looks like it would be nice, really light; as long as it can handle the shock of the bow.

And it has the laser to aim with, that would be a nice feature.

Offline CAPTJJ

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: Apr 25, 2013, 09:09:36 AM »
The new camera wouldn't stay tight to the mount; checked it and the plastic threads are cracked. Found out this is a common problem, can put in steel threads; either send it out, but can probably figure it out myself: drill it out and epoxy a threaded bushing in. At least I have a backup for now. ;D

Been keeping my eye out for another one of these bows, getting tougher to find since they haven't been made for 10 years. By the stangest coincidence I found one for sale while on my trip out west, turns out the guy was in Nebraska, even weirder I only had to drive two blocks out of my way to pick it up, couldn't pass that up. The thing is like new, in fact the limbs are brand new; price was great, too, its old. ;) This will be a good candidate for the cam upgrade, can keep the other as is since it shoots great and has new strings; the cams on the new one aren't even dinged so I have a good spare. Maybe I will paint one black for in the blind. :-\

Hybrid longbow in hand.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal