Author Topic: 1st bow advice??  (Read 8114 times)

Offline fshnfool

• 6 Pointer
  • ssssssshhhh....I'm hunting wwwabbit
Re: 1st bow advice??
« Reply #15 on: Oct 10, 2006, 11:09:05 AM »
Would'nt this adjustment cause a shot to go further to the right?

didn't move the pin to the left....I sighted just a hair to the left....basically laid my pin to the edge of center instead on dead on....if I decide to actually move the pin over, yeah....it's gotta go right   ;)  I honestly don't think it's the pin though....I think it's me that's causing the arrow to pull   :-\
~Scott~

Offline Pikeguy

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #16 on: Oct 10, 2006, 11:09:34 AM »

Yes, if you are hitting to the right, you want to move your pin to the right. This causes you to move your bow farther to the left to get the pin on the bullseye, therefore you shoot farther left of where you had been.  Unless the bow is really messed up!! lol  ;D
Adam

Offline Pikeguy

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #17 on: Oct 10, 2006, 11:10:12 AM »
didn't move the pin to the left....I sighted just a hair to the left....basically laid my pin to the edge of center instead on dead on....if I decide to actually move the pin over, yeah....it's gotta go right   ;)

Oops. That makes sense  ;)
Adam

Offline buddah

• Spiked
« Reply #18 on: Oct 10, 2006, 11:53:51 AM »
ahh.I understand now.I wouldn't hesitate to move the actual pin if your hitting better sighting to the left,if your groups are tight you should be all set.Until buck fever sets in anyway  ;D

Offline fshnfool

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #19 on: Oct 10, 2006, 12:30:43 PM »
one reason I think it's me, not the pin, causing the pull is that the arrows weren't straight into the target.....they were slanted a little....heading towards center......I'm thinking I just gotta work on my follow through more.
~Scott~

Offline mcully

• Forked
« Reply #20 on: Oct 11, 2006, 05:51:16 AM »
Slanted arrows could be the rest. And you should practice with broadheads as much as you do with field points. You might get a different flight with the broadheads. If you stay with the same weight you shouldn't have to make huge changes if any but with the slanted arrows you may see a big difference. Do you notice the arrow swaying back and forth in flight? Did you paper tune it? I know you took it to a shop but this time of year they are swamped and might have just eyeballed it and it might need some refinement.

Offline fshnfool

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #21 on: Oct 11, 2006, 07:31:16 AM »
had alot better results last night....arrows were straight into the target and hardly any pull at all. most shots were 20 & 30 yds.  came with 125 grain target tips so that's what I got for broadheads. Pro shop said I could drop down to 100 grain without making major changes in the setup  ???  wouldn't that make a difference in distance? 
~Scott~

Offline Bailbuster

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #22 on: Oct 15, 2006, 03:00:23 PM »
Scott, If you set a news paper before the target so the arrow passes through it(before it hits target) you will see a tare ,the hole from the arrow should be inside the fletch tare, if is not you need to move the rest left or right or up or down or maybe both to get the hole tare inside the fletch.BB

Offline Kodiakman

• Nubbie
« Reply #23 on: Oct 15, 2006, 10:11:17 PM »
Sounds like an awesome deal Scott, Gratz!  You want to be careful with those long shots though.  Just remember, arrows don't travel as fast as bullets.  A deer just needs to take one step forward and you've got the potential for a nasty gut shot.  Good Luck man!

Offline cdc

• Forked
« Reply #24 on: Oct 19, 2006, 06:35:55 PM »
It would if the sites were moved to the left...but if you hold your pin over to the left it would  be on.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal