Author Topic: TRACKING DEVICE  (Read 4075 times)

Offline Out4Trout

• 8 Pointer
  • Out4Bucks in November
TRACKING DEVICE
« on: Nov 07, 2012, 05:08:12 PM »
Has anyone seen this? Looks like a great idea, but probably has a hefty price tag also.

http://www.game-vector.com/

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
Re: TRACKING DEVICE
« Reply #1 on: Nov 07, 2012, 05:12:00 PM »
Cool idea but looks like it might mess up the penetration...
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline brace

• 10 Pointer
  • Is it Friday yet??
« Reply #2 on: Nov 07, 2012, 05:37:00 PM »
You can bet that guy will be a millionaire by the end of 2013 - Plenty of people with more money then skill.  With that said it is definately a cool idea. 
   Nil Carborundum Illigetimi

Offline Cornbread

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Nov 07, 2012, 09:31:52 PM »
Very cool idea, I bet it is one of those little trackers they use on hunting falcons now days. The size and specs seem to be about the same.

Offline johndeere540

• 8 Pointer
  • If the lead aint flyin, the backstrap aint fryin!
« Reply #4 on: Nov 11, 2012, 07:13:35 PM »
Not sure if it is the same company but a local shop near me was carrying something almost identical about 15 years ago. A few guys tried it but they just never really took off and petered away! If the arrow flew true still i dont see why it wouldnt work great as we use tracking collars on the hounds all the time and it makes life a lot easier! Only downfall I could see is if someone made a bad hit and lost the deer they would lose the hook to and what would it cost to replace? A tracking collar is around 150 so I would think a tiny tracking device would cost plenty to built and replace! Just my thoughts!  ???

Offline Deposit

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: Nov 11, 2012, 07:26:18 PM »
While a cool idea.....if it took off..would future hunters loose the knowledge of tracking a deer? I like technology but sometimes I am not sure this is an area it should be applied. To me tracking is part of the whole experience...good or bad.

Offline johndeere540

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #6 on: Nov 11, 2012, 07:29:59 PM »
While a cool idea.....if it took off..would future hunters loose the knowledge of tracking a deer? I like technology but sometimes I am not sure this is an area it should be applied. To me tracking is part of the whole experience...good or bad.
I totally agree that tracking a wounded deer should not totally be left up to technology! I want my kids to know how to track there own deer without having to rely on a darn computer! ???

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
« Reply #7 on: Nov 11, 2012, 07:34:52 PM »
Now what about if you had some DB shoot multiple deer and they were not mortal wounds does he now have a way to see where multiple deer are at all times? How long does it work for? I can see scumbags intentionally taking bad shots just so if it is not a fatal wound they dont care because now they can see all those deer and know there every move? I guess I am thinking to much into it ???
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline TallywackahME

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #8 on: Nov 11, 2012, 07:38:28 PM »
does anyone remember the old game trackers? when i waqs a little kid w/ my dad hunting in PA he used one once, snubbed his arrow up pretty good about 15 ft out of the bow lol he was not happy ;D

Offline johndeere540

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #9 on: Nov 11, 2012, 07:40:49 PM »
Good point AA. If a guy flung a arrow into a big buck a few days before the season could he then use this to cheat and track that deer down and kill it during the season? Some of the tracking collars we run on hound(although larger batteries) can last up to 12000 hours! :o

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
« Reply #10 on: Nov 11, 2012, 07:42:18 PM »
Exactly! That is what I was trying to get at but did a poor job of explaining my point!
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline jigchaser08

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #11 on: Nov 13, 2012, 12:41:12 AM »
not to toot my own horn, but i think i can speak for aqua and myself...i have been fortunate enough to hit a deer good enough everytime that it goes down fast and ethically...no need for a gizmo tracking device  8)

Offline Cornbread

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #12 on: Nov 13, 2012, 07:34:28 AM »
Every technology can have improper uses. E.g. this could make poaching really easy, put it on a cross bow bolt and hunt at night with a light then come back in the morning with a tracking antennae and a regular bow and find your deer or elk. Completely silent and if you were on foot it would be incredibly hard to ever catch somebody doing it.

But I can also see some great uses for this E.g. you are guide & outfitting service you can't know how good your clients will be at taking good ethical shots or how much they have practiced or how good of a shot they are. So you provide these and make it mandatory that your bow clients use them and there by increase your retrieval rates and reduce the margin for error in getting them the game they shoot. Much like many guide services also employ a guy with one of those little blood tracking wiener dogs. I read through his site I am pretty sure these are the little devices they use to track falconry birds and the transmitters are fairly cheap, it is the receiver that costs the money.
« Last Edit: Nov 13, 2012, 07:35:13 AM by Cornbread »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal