Author Topic: bow sight  (Read 1942 times)

Offline aj454

• Forked
bow sight
« on: Sep 04, 2012, 12:27:07 PM »
Hey,
Im new to bow hunting. 2nd year. I need a new sight for the bow. Im using a 3 pin sight and would like to know the difference from the expensive one and cheaper ones.  I cant really see it. I cant see how a 150 dollar verses a 30 dollar will make you shoot better???? Any answers to this.
Thanks

Offline Squirrel

• 8 Pointer
Re: bow sight
« Reply #1 on: Sep 04, 2012, 12:39:00 PM »
it is worth the money to spend a little extra, the true glow sights from wally world will work but you will be happier in the long run spending the extra $$. I know I am
known as "waterwolf603" on MFF and "coldsteel" on ice shanty

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #2 on: Sep 04, 2012, 12:55:37 PM »
Depends on what you want out of the bow. I just went from a three pin Truglo to a five pin Trophy Ridge. It's not a real expensive sight but is what I was looking for, a 5pin (0.019" diameter) and a longer bracket.

Offline AugustWest

• Spiked
« Reply #3 on: Sep 24, 2012, 09:03:11 PM »
I used HHA Single Pin for years...I got turned on to Schaffer sights a few years ago and have been very happy. It is the Opposition model, meaning the pins are opposing right to left in 10yd increments, which seems to be easier when you shoot with both eyes open.
Check them out...great stuff!!!
AW

Offline Stuck-on-Seven

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Sep 24, 2012, 09:54:28 PM »
I personally go for the brightness of the pins. I like to be able to see my pins crystal clear all the time. Don't like squinting to see pins. Also I shoot one pin because sometimes when its cold my eyes would water and the multipins started to blur together which I wasn't a fan of. I shoot a vital gear, think it was like 70 bucks, I love it

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #5 on: Sep 25, 2012, 05:41:18 AM »
Higher price usually = higher quality. The Fiber optic pins will be brighter in low light, the Machine work will be of better quality. It will stay tight and not move.
Don't need to break the bank but do a side by side comparison.
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal