Author Topic: Picked up some bow ammo  (Read 5778 times)

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
Picked up some bow ammo
« on: Aug 26, 2012, 11:57:00 AM »

Went to pick up these today had two left from last year , Should be all set know    ;) ;)

« Last Edit: Aug 26, 2012, 01:44:54 PM by Green Mountian Hunter »

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
Re: Picked up some bow ammo
« Reply #1 on: Aug 26, 2012, 01:46:39 PM »
You should be good now... ;)
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #2 on: Aug 26, 2012, 02:25:43 PM »
Looks like a lot of parts..... ;D
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #3 on: Aug 27, 2012, 04:01:29 AM »
They are not bad , Slid the three blades screw tip on ready to shoot under 1 min. :) :)

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #4 on: Aug 27, 2012, 05:29:14 AM »
LOL I would be bleeding trying to assemble that.  ;D ;D
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #5 on: Aug 27, 2012, 02:19:16 PM »
Good price on them heads. I think people get way to wrapped up in different broad heads. Put them where it counts and get to work.

Offline Inwellb4light

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #6 on: Aug 27, 2012, 02:29:56 PM »
Can't go wrong with Muzzy's, one of the most durable tried and true BH's out there. 
"You can learn more about hunting deer with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life"  - Fred Bear

Offline Stuck-on-Seven

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #7 on: Aug 27, 2012, 03:53:55 PM »
Are they really that good? They just seem so cheap to me. I don't like the DIY idea when it comes to putting them together. Seems like they would be junk after shooting a deer with one. I like the one piece if I were to go fixed blade. But they're still.in business after so many years they must not be too bad

Offline duckey

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #8 on: Aug 27, 2012, 04:15:27 PM »
I have those in 65 grain...does the trick
A. White

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #9 on: Aug 27, 2012, 04:29:56 PM »
Always nice to get some new heads. I personally have  never used them but I did put some together for Brian at the end of the season on the way to hunt. He never fired one at a deer yet so I guess we shall see this season. As some know I perfer Rage two blades. They put them down faster than any other broadhead I use. Which is pretty much a necessity on these small parcels of land we hunt here. Unless you heart shoot them then they don't go far at all regardless of what kind of broadhead.

Offline Deposit

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #10 on: Aug 27, 2012, 05:52:56 PM »
I have only taken one deer with them and it only went 30 yards! I am staying with them after my debacle with the blood runners.

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #11 on: Aug 27, 2012, 06:20:43 PM »
Always nice to get some new heads. I personally have  never used them but I did put some together for Brian at the end of the season on the way to hunt. He never fired one at a deer yet so I guess we shall see this season. As some know I perfer Rage two blades. They put them down faster than any other broadhead I use. Which is pretty much a necessity on these small parcels of land we hunt here. Unless you heart shoot them then they don't go far at all regardless of what kind of broadhead.

Well put Dave these are what my bow loves the best ; Got Lot's of $$ in many different types of broadheads nothing comes closes to the Muzzy's
« Last Edit: Aug 27, 2012, 06:33:21 PM by Green Mountian Hunter »

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
« Reply #12 on: Aug 27, 2012, 06:26:05 PM »
Back in the day I useto shoot the thunderheads as well Rusty. Since then there are much better and straighter flying heads around. Never been a muzzy fan but never shot one either and the do have a cult following. I guess it all comes down to confidence so you can put it where it needs to go bc that is what counts. I will stick with my G5 strikers or Rage 2 blade Titaniums 8)
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #13 on: Aug 27, 2012, 06:37:15 PM »
You put one through both lungs ; Like walking threw the woods with a can of spray paint ; 0nly go about 30 yrds.
« Last Edit: Aug 28, 2012, 04:00:31 AM by Green Mountian Hunter »

Offline Inwellb4light

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #14 on: Aug 27, 2012, 06:42:00 PM »
Well put Dave this are what my bow loves the best ; Got Lot's of $$ in many different types of broadheads nothing comes closes to the Muzzy's

Thats all that matters man! Fixed blades are the ticket when it comes to simplicity and reliability.

Actually killed my first buck and first coyote with Muzzys

Many make the switch to mechanicals because it easy.  Because they are unable to tune their own bow to the point that it will shoot FP's and fixed BH's with the same POI.

I personally have shot just about everything out there both fixed and mech.  Very rarely shoot the same head from one season to the next.  Typically prefer a 3 blade but actually trying the Ulmer Edge this year, along with the new shuttle T locks. Just going to depend on which one I pull out of the quiver in the dark that will be tested first.

In the end, if you hit em' where you need to it dont matter whats out front
« Last Edit: Aug 27, 2012, 06:45:10 PM by Inwellb4light »
"You can learn more about hunting deer with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life"  - Fred Bear

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal