Author Topic: Am I the only one left.....  (Read 10528 times)

halfrack33

Re: Am I the only one left.....
« Reply #30 on: Sep 26, 2011, 03:45:08 PM »
We're all going to go from something, I take my chances. ;D

That's what I said

Offline howesfc

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #31 on: Sep 26, 2011, 07:19:16 PM »
I swicth to carbons last year but I still might get my XX75 reflecthed. :)
I was a Soldier I am a Soldier I will always be a Soldier. 11B40 Scout NYARNG RET.

Offline Squirrel

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #32 on: Nov 04, 2011, 07:58:18 AM »
im shooting alluminums, but I might switch over to carbon's next season only time will tell
known as "waterwolf603" on MFF and "coldsteel" on ice shanty

Offline vermonner

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #33 on: Nov 10, 2011, 10:56:12 AM »
I made the aluminum to carbon switch years ago and like the carbon better.  Got one uncle who shoots a two wheeler with fingers and aluminum arrows, gets deer year after year, great shot too.

I have delusions of one day making my own recurve, some cedar arrows, a finger tab for a release and seeing if I can't kill a deer with a weapon of my own making.

Sometimes the vintage gear is great.  I started on a wooden/fiberglass recurve with cedar arrows.  That's been around a helluva lot longer than single cam compounds with pins and mechanical releases.   ;)
« Last Edit: Nov 10, 2011, 10:57:08 AM by vermonner »

Offline EagleCrag

• Nubbie
« Reply #34 on: Dec 20, 2011, 07:42:32 PM »
I have used both, but am currently using XX78's.  I find the straightness tolerances on good aluminum arrows is better than carbon arrows and I am able to achieve better accuracy with them.  That being said, I do find that the carbon arrows fly faster and do penetrate noticeably further.  Not sure if I will stick with the XX78's or switch next year.  On thing I like about the carbon arrows is that they don't get a slight bend in them like aluminum arrows often do.  I always number my arrows so that I can tell if it is the same arrow that hits off the mark. 

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #35 on: Dec 21, 2011, 04:32:37 PM »
   make the switch: i shoot beman 400's  hit a rock or the ground bent aluminum retrieve my carbon and shoot again aluminum is bent and junk

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal