Author Topic: Do you want to take a chunk?  (Read 16717 times)

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
Re: Do you want to take a chunk?
« Reply #15 on: Sep 04, 2012, 02:28:41 PM »
G5 is where I am staying too.
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
« Reply #16 on: Sep 04, 2012, 02:29:08 PM »
Exactly, these things will not deploy until they hit an animal RUGGED I tell ya. And they fit in a quiver safely
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #17 on: Sep 04, 2012, 02:32:46 PM »
Sorry.....Montec's not mechanicals. I'm still not sold on the Mechanical thing. Tried a few, some have great luck with them I didn't.  :-\
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #18 on: Sep 04, 2012, 02:33:33 PM »
I ended up with Grim Reaper WTS. Did a lot of research on different mechanicals and they were well reviewed by almost everyone. I didn't even look at the T3's since they're not legal here. I did use T2's before I knew I couldn't and they were great heads, the montacs are awesome too.

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #19 on: Sep 04, 2012, 02:37:25 PM »
only other Mechanical I have bought was Rage and they did the job fine. Just more fragile than a newborn :P  Just like the wider cutting diameters on most mechanicals. I don't buy them for accuracy, if you cant get a fixed blade to fly straight your bow is not tuned properly or you have a flaw in your shooting technique just my 2 cents.........
« Last Edit: Sep 04, 2012, 02:42:57 PM by aquaassassin »

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #20 on: Sep 04, 2012, 02:41:59 PM »
Wife say's I have no flaws ::) ::) ::)

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #21 on: Sep 04, 2012, 02:43:34 PM »
Apparently not if you shoot fixed blades fine 8) ;D

Offline TallywackahME

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #22 on: Sep 04, 2012, 02:44:01 PM »
Sorry.....Montec's not mechanicals. I'm still not sold on the Mechanical thing. Tried a few, some have great luck with them I didn't.  :-\

same here. im a fixed blade guy too. those blood trail pics and holes are impressive but i cant get on board w/ the expandables. i shot a few deer in PA when expandables first started to get popular. used NAP somethin or others and sst jackhammers too i think. have a few left over still actually. they killed just fine but ive always figured the oppertunity was there for something to go wrong.  my fixed blades shoot well enough to trim off my vanes shot after shot if i wanted to and i like the simplicity of them.

Offline Stuck-on-Seven

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #23 on: Sep 04, 2012, 08:59:11 PM »
Pretty impressive. Too bad NY sucks and we can't use em or if give em a try. Everytime I've ever shot a deer with the rage the blood trails sucked and the broadhead was not usable again, either missing blades completely or they were snapped in half or just mangled beyond repair. Was not impressed with the rages personally. 40$ is too much to spend on heads to shoot once and either throw them out or spend the 25$ and get new blades, IMO of course  8)

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #24 on: Sep 04, 2012, 09:14:18 PM »
I have no problem with NY not allowing barbed heads. It makes all hunters look bad to have a deer running around with an arrow sticking out of it. I shot the same montacs for years and only lost one that wasn't my own fault, and that one was on an arrow that exploded after missing a tom. The others I damaged I did it trying to pull them out of my wood target backer board, this was prior to making my slide hammer for an 8-32  ;). Most of those were stuck in the wood after blowing through a target too  ;D.

Offline jlaclair

• 12 Pointer
  • get closer to the woodland critters
« Reply #25 on: Sep 04, 2012, 09:22:36 PM »
meatseeker broadheads, the 3 blade 2"+ are awesome, I am shooting the 1.5" this year but they are a great head, went all up in a deer with the 2" last year and it trotted 20 yards and looked around then fell over, the head went just behind the last rib (quartered away) and cut the heart in half, entry hole could fit 4 fingers in it...
Take a Kid outside...

Offline Squirrel

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #26 on: Sep 17, 2012, 09:23:26 AM »
I think I may be sold on these, going to check em out on my lunch break!
known as "waterwolf603" on MFF and "coldsteel" on ice shanty

Offline Inwellb4light

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #27 on: Sep 17, 2012, 01:44:22 PM »
I think I may be sold on these, going to check em out on my lunch break!

You wont be disappointed,  check out the ulmer edge too,  My girlfriend is shooting them this year and they just came the other day and im pretty impressed.
« Last Edit: Sep 17, 2012, 01:47:23 PM by Inwellb4light »
"You can learn more about hunting deer with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life"  - Fred Bear

Offline Squirrel

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #28 on: Sep 17, 2012, 01:45:26 PM »
I picked them up, cant wait to test em out
known as "waterwolf603" on MFF and "coldsteel" on ice shanty

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #29 on: Sep 17, 2012, 01:46:46 PM »
You made the right decision 8)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal