Author Topic: small game witch point 2 use  (Read 2657 times)

Offline gonefishing

• Nubbie
small game witch point 2 use
« on: Feb 24, 2005, 02:01:04 PM »
my wife and I are new (very new 2 bowhunting) we have enjoyed reading all of your posts but have not seen anyone touch on what type of point is prefered for witch type of game? I have been told judo tips are good for grouse butt what about rabbit and diggers ? my wife and I live in Oregon so we have lots of different type of terrain 2 hunt and would love any input you could offer thanks Jim & Kat
jim & kat

Offline Wapati

• Spiked
Re: small game witch point 2 use
« Reply #1 on: Feb 27, 2005, 02:33:58 PM »
Jim & Kat,
A Judo point will work fine for just about any small game you care to hunt. There are other blunt tips you can use as well and most will perform just fine on small game. The alternative is a cheap, cut on contact two blade broadhead that you can resharpen. I dont like to use more expensive broadheads for small game because for one, you dont need them and two, you get alot of impacts with the ground and the dirt. My choice for big game is the Crimson Talon 100 grain broadhead with the Spitfire 3 blade 100 grain open on impact heads being my second choice. There are alot of excellant choices out there for broadheads and you cant hardly go wrong with most of them. Find one that flies well out of your set up and chances are you will have a winning set up. I like the Crimson Talons because they are a fixed blade that fly as good as a target point. Most of the open on impact heads will also produce excellant flight characteristics. Hope this helps.

Wapati

Nothing like the Bugle of a bull Elk on a cool September morning to raise the hair on the back of your neck.

Offline gonefishing

• Nubbie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 27, 2005, 03:24:19 PM »
thanks it does help I found a tin 6 blade attachment that screws on with your field point made bye martins accessory's that I M going 2 try they only cost 4 dollars for 6 of them
 hey how do I quiet my bow I have a stabilizer butt was thinking of installing limb savers witch ones do you recommend or do you? ??? I have a pse bruin sold limb
jim & kat

Offline MoosemanKris

• 6 Pointer
  • Tight Lines ans Straight Shooting
    • Silvertip Archers
« Reply #3 on: Mar 21, 2005, 01:39:17 PM »
Limb savers work great. I use adders for most of my small game. I also use snaros, judos and blunts however so they can all work. What you described sounds like an adder. They're great. They fly basically the same as your field point so youdon't have to worry about your aim being off. With blunts and judos, I find I have a bit of a spiral with my flight path so I only use them up really close. Snaros are a different beast altogether. The max distance I would shoot these is 10 or 15 yards because they catch so much air and swirl around. Good hunting!
KRIS
Bagged to date:
9 grouse
6 squirrels
1 MIA Rabbitt

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal