Hunting by Game/Technique > Exotics Hunting
Frog legs - New York
<< < (2/3) > >>
DeerReaver:
I checked the DEC's website as well as the Department of Health for NY and frogs were not even mentioned on any list of limited or 'do not eat'.  I cleaned and cooked three frogs from my neighbor's landscape pond and I was shocked by how good the texture and taste of the meat.  I was thinking of gigging a few more meals before the season closes and I just wasn't sure about the safety of the  meal.  The life cycle and mortality is a great point...snapping turtle was the only reptile/amphibian on the contaminated list.  Thanks for the input guys!!

Green Mountian Hunter:
Them sure look taste  :P :P
Deposit:
They look good!
DeerReaver:
GMH...you would be surprised, they have the texture similar to a scallop and have no unusual flavor.  I cooked them up in olive oil, garlic, and a mixed seasoning called Cajun Spice.  The meat fell off the bone and I really enjoyed it, along with my 9 and 4 year old sons!!  I plan on getting a few more meals worth before the beginning of September (season closes).
Bugman:
You would love to gig in Florida then year round season , and unless we have lol hard winter we do gig year round, thanks for the thread and pictures
Navigation
Message Index
Next page
Previous page

Go to full version