Author Topic: Ready to Hunt  (Read 4186 times)

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
Re: Ready to Hunt
« Reply #15 on: Apr 02, 2020, 03:02:33 PM »
When I go to NY I just call in and done. So slick!
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline Huntnfish603

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #16 on: Apr 02, 2020, 06:28:11 PM »
Maybe NH will catch on soon

Offline lv2hunt

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #17 on: Apr 03, 2020, 08:50:07 AM »
So My life has been largely uninterrupted by all this crap going on. Still working, Still finding peace and solitude in the woods or on the rivers.
I've got 2 Toms all scouted, 1 for me, 1 for my boy. I'm a little curious what might happen for Turkey season? Check in stations may not be open. I know I plan on taking my boy out youth weekend 25th-26th, this latest shutdown is until May 4th I think. So do we just shoot birds any way and just forget the check-in process?
I can tell you this,  birds are coming home with me either way. Have you ever heard of them cancelling hunting season....this is crazy.

Same here on this front, been scouting and have a few in mind for my daughter and i also talked to the check in station by me and i was told they are essential because they also sell firearms and ammo so they plan on being open and checking in birds. i wouldn't worry too much about it. although i am gearing up to deal with the notes that will be on my truck when i get out of the woods, iv'e already been stopped by people who have nothing better to do and are so scared blaming me for not self quarantining and spreading this sickness... Life is alot better in the woods!!!

Offline Huntnfish603

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #18 on: Apr 03, 2020, 08:59:12 AM »
Bingo! Life is always better in the woods.

Life is so much easier for us that are deeply connected to the outdoors and the natural world. Such a simpler life.
The people that rely their whole life on the synthetic world are the ones sitting at home bored and freaking out. They don't have that connection and are not able to rely on nature for the solution to their misery. They can't function without all their man-made s**t. Most of us can live off the land we're doing ok through all this.
We are the lucky ones here for sure.

Offline Huntnfish603

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #19 on: Apr 08, 2020, 10:29:52 PM »
Yes Maine began implementing it last year, however I still had to bring my deer and turkeys to a registration station. I as a hunter don’t have check in access yet but at least they got the ball rolling with no more paperwork and instant numbers. More than NH can say.
Well, I got my answer today. Called NH F+G, they said online reg will be in effect by Turkey season start and we will have the option to still tag at a station if there's one open nearby. She said the official press release will be out in the next week.
This will be much easier.

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #20 on: Apr 09, 2020, 04:52:29 AM »
Well, I got my answer today. Called NH F+G, they said online reg will be in effect by Turkey season start and we will have the option to still tag at a station if there's one open nearby. She said the official press release will be out in the next week.
This will be much easier.

Would have never guessed that, I’m not gonna hold my breath lol

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #22 on: Apr 15, 2020, 04:55:32 AM »
Yep, saw that yesterday afternoon. let’s hope it goes better than buying a L tag for most a few years back.  ;D

Offline Huntnfish603

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #23 on: Apr 15, 2020, 05:17:53 AM »
Yea, hopefully it works out well and it's not just for this particular season.

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #24 on: Apr 15, 2020, 05:59:06 AM »
It would be a huge relief for me not having to find a spot in NH to leave game overnight because they don’t let anyone besides Taylor register near me who is open like every 4th Saturday of the month if your name starts with a A as long as you come between Noon and 1. and I can’t cross borders because of it.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal