Hunting by Game/Technique > Bird Hunting
DOGS
(1/4) > >>
fastribs85:
hey guys just wanted to hear some thoughts on dogs for upland. mostly woodcock grouse and pheasent currently planning on a new brittany in the next week. also any tips on training and how soon is to soon for there first hunting trip.
Little Brown Dog:
I just picked up my new Boykin Spaniel.  I'm holding off on making the call about hunting this fall until I see how training is going.  You don't want to hunt if the dog doesn't have the technique yet.  They tend to develop bad habits that way.  Right now my pup goes nuts when she smells feathers, so I need to make sure I can keep her under control before going out in the duck blind or else I may be chasing her around the marsh all day!

She heard her first gunshot by accident on the way home from the breeder.  Luckly it only startled her, scared me.  Wasn't expecting someone to be shooting right next to a main road, picnic area!

fastribs85:
guys i got my dog and she is great. been pointing wings and scent trailing even retrieving all at 4 months old. i only have one problem she likes to chase after and smell deer any tips on breaking that.
adkRoy:
Electric collar that you can give her a mild zap when she starts after deer.
fastribs85:
Roy

thanks i would love to have one but i just bought a house and moneys tight. is there a cheeper way to do it
Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Go to full version