Author Topic: First for us....  (Read 1152 times)

Offline benny8

• Forked
First for us....
« on: Sep 22, 2020, 02:37:09 AM »
Sarah and I sat out last night in the stand I shot my buck last year. Its not an ideal archery stand as it is pretty much open hardwoods. We sit along an edge of hemlock with a lot of edge surrounding the open area. We have shot deer with firearms inside bow range many times, so it is a nice comfortable stand for the both of us. We were enjoying our "blind date" as we jokingly call it. The squirrels were up to their usual antics. Then as I was watching a squirrel ten feet from the stand, I see he has quieted down and is staring down the hill. I tell Sarah, I have an idea something is coming up the hill behind us. All of a sudden, the squirrel tucks tail and runs up a tree and starts sounding off. I tell her, that wasn't from us. I slowly turn to look down the hill behind us and see a black ball of fur. I say No sh*t! A bear. She says yeah right. I turn to her and say, not kidding. She slowly looks over my shoulder and sees it. She asks, Do you have your bear tag? My reply, I forgot to get it. We watch this bear come up the hill and mess around behind us. At one point he steps up on an old dead log 5 yards behind the stand. Sat there for a few sniffing the air, turned and ambled off down the trail we walked in on. Pretty cool memory with the wife.

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
Re: First for us....
« Reply #1 on: Sep 22, 2020, 04:30:08 AM »
Easiest way to find them is not having the tag lol.
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline benny8

• Forked
« Reply #2 on: Sep 22, 2020, 04:42:15 AM »
Easiest way to find them is not having the tag lol.
Definitely! LOL

Offline hunts2long

• 12 Pointer
  • Northville,NY
« Reply #3 on: Sep 22, 2020, 05:53:24 AM »
Great story....seems to be a few around here this year....h2l
Some days are diamonds some days are stone

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal