Author Topic: finally got the ruger alaskan heres how it really is  (Read 1555 times)

Offline MASTERGUIDE

• 6 Pointer
finally got the ruger alaskan heres how it really is
« on: Mar 15, 2006, 01:42:21 AM »
The Ruger Alaskan 454. Cassull   I love it, I won't listen to crap about how big it is anymore, I have taken mine on many hunts now, and now can accurately clear up any bs about this fantastic gun.  Yeah its a 454 Cassull and it does kick, but its nothing you can't handle, go ahead and buy one, its fun to shoot.  And you can throw some 45. colts in there for just plinking around with it, so you don't use up your expensive 454. ammo.  Yeah Im not sure if I could shoot the 454. rounds all day long, but I don't have any problem shooting up a bunch of rounds,  I now feel very safe when hunting.  I have taken it out where the wild boar play and the big bear prowls, and it has worked great. Its nice and short so I can whip it out and protect myself whenever I need to and its not too heavy either, and it has a 2 1/2 inch grouping at 25 yards, not bad for a 2 1/2 inch barrell, plenty good enough to hit a bear.  It has lived up to all my expectations.  Now I want to try the .500

Offline GAMEDOG

• 6 Pointer
  • If it swims, walks , or flies, it dies!
Re: finally got the ruger alaskan heres how it really is
« Reply #1 on: Mar 29, 2007, 02:16:08 PM »
This gun is a true hand cannon. I love mine. Big medicine for Big critters ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal